Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HBC Discover America Pale Ale/ Citra dry hop?

Options
  • 09-09-2014 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭

Guys,

I am doing a Discover America Pale Ale extract brew. I have 50 grammes of Citra Pellets. Is it worth dry hopping these or does the DAPA have enough aroma already?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

i made it earlier in the year..definitly would benefit from dry hop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭southernstar

Thanks Poitinstill. Have you tried any of the other HBC extract kits? How would you rate them?

also made the irish stout... turned out nice..but soon after i made a st peters stout kit and it was a way way better result with no real effort required. wasnt overly impresed with the HBC range ( need more hops i think).

According to this thread on Beoir there should have been 5 hop bags included in the DAPA - I only had 3. How many did you have?

maybe 3 so... definitly not 5 ..still could have done with dry hop .. it took a while to reach its prime about 6 weeks,, by wich point of course i had only about 4 bottles left.

• Advertisement

It mustnt have been too bad so ; ) I've been anticipating stocks running low (I've been promising bottles to loads of people since I started this), so I made the America Pale Ale aswell as the DAPA.

I queried DAPA hop addition number with HBC,had the fear that I might have made a bad brew, but Shane clarified that there are 5 hop additions total, but they put the 2 10 minute and 0 minute additions in together.

have to say they've been very good - responsive and dealt with mixups (caused by 3rd parties) promptly.

Advertisement