Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heuston to Stephen's Green/Leeson Street

Options
  • 09-09-2014 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

What's the best way to get to the above?

Luas to O'Connell and walk it or is there a Bus that drops you nearer?

If so, what's the quickest?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

145 bus goes direct from A to B.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Birneybau wrote: »
    145 bus goes direct from A to B.

Thanks, and I assume this runs every few mins?

So just check 145 from Heuston.... does it take long to get to the above?

(Sorry for all the questions btw).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Depends on the time of day, could get to Stephens Green in 15 but usually a bit longer (20). In rush hour in the morning longer again.

Depends on the time of day, could get to Stephens Green in 15 but usually a bit longer (20). In rush hour in the morning longer again.

So I'm looking at 20 mins? I see it's 4-5 stops till Leeson St. (beside Stephens Green).

What is the fare? The website is terribly confusing.... also, it says every ten mins a bus runs, I assume it's "meant" to be 8.00, 8.10, 8.20, 8.30 etc.?

Again, thanks for the replies as the website is horrible for Dublin Bus.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 markhogan

yes i runs every ten mins normally i normally get the one and 9am and gets me to Stephens green in about 25mins depending on traffic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

chops018 wrote: »
    So I'm looking at 20 mins? I see it's 4-5 stops till Leeson St. (beside Stephens Green).

What is the fare? The website is terribly confusing.... also, it says every ten mins a bus runs, I assume it's "meant" to be 8.00, 8.10, 8.20, 8.30 etc.?

Again, thanks for the replies as the website is horrible for Dublin Bus.

Use the Fare Calculator, put in Route 145, from Heuston direction, from Heuston Stop, to Leeson St / Stephens Green

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Fare-Calculator/Fare-Calculator-Results/?routeNumber=145&direction=O&board=0&alight=10

Cash €2.35 Leap €1.95

If you download the app and 'favourite' the stop at Heuston it will make life much easier to get the real time info for the next bus when you're approaching.

Thanks guys.

Much appreciated for all the info.

So it's looking like 15-25 mins for the bus depending on traffic, or 10 mins Luas and 15 min walk to Stephen's Green.

Not much of a difference, basically less walking if I get the bus!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Urethra Franklin

Yeah but if the Bus is slow due to peak time the Luas will be slower too. In fact the bus often beats the Luas to town, especially to the southside. I'd take the 145.

Also, if you're coming in on the train you can buy a ticket to "Dublin City Centre" which includes the price of the bus and is cheaper than cash on the bus.

Yeah but if the Bus is slow due to peak time the Luas will be slower too. In fact the bus often beats the Luas to town, especially to the southside. I'd take the 145.

Also, if you're coming in on the train you can buy a ticket to "Dublin City Centre" which includes the price of the bus and is cheaper than cash on the bus.

Great stuff. Thanks for that.

So if I arrive in Heuston at 8.11 and get on 8.20 Bus (145), should be plenty of time to get to Stephen's Green for 9am?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Urethra Franklin

chops018 wrote: »
    Great stuff. Thanks for that.

So if I arrive in Heuston at 8.11 and get on 8.20 Bus (145), should be plenty of time to get to Stephen's Green for 9am?

Exactly. The Dublin (City Centre) ticket costs €1.60 on top of a single, or €3.20 on top of a return over Dublin (Heuston) so it's a fair bit cheaper than paying cash for bus or Luas. And it's valid on both so you could take the bus there, then afterwards if you're walking into town etc and want to get the Luas back you can.

• Advertisement

Exactly. The Dublin (City Centre) ticket costs €1.60 on top of a single, or €3.20 on top of a return over Dublin (Heuston) so it's a fair bit cheaper than paying cash for bus or Luas. And it's valid on both so you could take the bus there, then afterwards if you're walking into town etc and want to get the Luas back you can.

Perfect. I appreciate your help. And thanks to everyone else who posted!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Would Dublin Bikes be an option, or will you have lots of luggage?

Advertisement