Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

both flats have the same address

Options
  • 09-09-2014 4:37pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 135 ✭✭

The flat I moved into recently is the same number as the one opposite me, in that we're both number 5 in our building, are there any problems that could arise from this to this or is it a non issue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

_oveless_ wrote: »
    The flat I moved into recently is the same number as the one opposite me, in that we're both number 5 in our building, are there any problems that could arise from this to this or is it a non issue?

Apart from your post arriving to their house? Bank statements? Health records? Many many issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Montiii

There is in regards to bills.
    ESB, water, upc etc, if they are all addressed to number 5 how can you ensure they will be correctly billed to you and your neighbour.

Check with the landlord or the letting agency, probably a letter missing from one of the flats

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 135 ✭✭_oveless_

Montiii wrote: »
    There is in regards to bills.
    ESB, water, upc etc, if they are all addressed to number 5 how can you ensure they will be correctly billed to you and your neighbour.

Check with the landlord or the letting agency, probably a letter missing from one of the flats

no theres only 7 flats in the building, my lease says number 5 but my door says number 7, meanwhile the one opposite has 5 on the door and the mail comes to him as number 5 also. My landlady is very old and hard to talk to, and the letting agent is impossible to get a hold of.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Are you sure your house isn't #7 and the lease just has the wrong number on it? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

awec wrote: »
    Are you sure your house isn't #7 and the lease just has the wrong number on it? :confused:

It was probably a copy and paste contract and they missed changing the door number. It happens, best forvthe O. P. to get the L.L. to issue a new one. Or else just tippex over the 5 on the contract and write in a 7.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,903 ✭✭✭✭L1011

_oveless_ wrote: »
    no theres only 7 flats in the building, my lease says number 5 but my door says number 7, meanwhile the one opposite has 5 on the door and the mail comes to him as number 5 also. My landlady is very old and hard to talk to, and the letting agent is impossible to get a hold of.

Your flat is number 7 then; not number 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,961 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Your flat number is whatever is on the door.

Please tell me this is a wind up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭TheBandicoot

Your flat is #7.. just put that in when ordering stuff online or setting up accounts for bills or whatever. Fail to see the problem, it is obviously just a typo on the lease- that will have no effect on anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,422 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Write to the agent, asking for the lease to be amended / annotated.
    K.Flyer wrote: »
    Or else just tippex over the 5 on the contract and write in a 7.
    Do not do this. It is tantamount to falsifying the lease. If you have to, agree with the agent to modify the original and have both sides sign / initial the change.
    it is obviously just a typo on the lease- that will have no effect on anything.
    Ehh, it could actually, if it ever went legal, then (a) the tenant has has no right to occupy flat 7, (b) the tenant never occupied the premises on the lease and (c) the tenant could be held responsible for the utilities and damage to flat 5.

Advertisement