Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Having trouble registering

• 09-09-2014 4:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15

Okay so I am registering for my first year and im signed in on the registration page and I was following all the steps on the left, when I accepted the rules and regulations, it brought me straight to ''proof of registration'' and it skipped the ''subject selection'' step and no registration schedule popped up in any other window. I continued registering and I payed my fees. I logged into my DCU email but I have no confirmation email or anything so I don't know if I have done something wrong or if I should just wait.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 lunnatic

You should ring registry and find out. Did you get an email to your normal email address as proof of payment and subject choice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15 Lo1 Itz Kyle

I rang registry and they said there's not a lot that they can do, that it's my responsibility and I should just check my email and portal page. But thing is I never choose subjects or modules, after I agreed to the rules and regulations, no subject selection or "registering schedule" came up. But on my proof of registration is shows my programme details and my module details and I have 11 modules, but I think they're all core ones, and I didn't get any email about confirming payment to my actual email address or my dcu one

Actually,after i payed my fees, i did get this email in my junk box from ''Mail Delivery Service (postmaster @ dcu. ie)''

''- The following addressees of your message have been processed by the mail server:
    KYLEPOWERBLUE@ HOTMAIL. COM; Failed; 5.3.0 (other or undefined mail system status)

Remote MTA mx2. HOTMAIL. COM: network error

- SMTP protocol diagnostic: 550 5.7.0 (BAY004-MC2F29) Message could not be delivered. Please ensure the message is RFC 5322 compliant.''

So i have no idea what that means, maybe they tried to send me confirmation that i payed but something went wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Evade

I'm in a similar situation. The registration page says I'm registered and have paid my fees but I haven't gotten ant emails yet.

EDIT: I just checked my junkmail and I got the same email.

When did you register and where and what does it say on your registration page that makes you think your registered?

• Advertisement

If I accept the rules and regulations it says that registration has already been completed.

when I accept the rules and regulations, it goes straight to an ''optional step 4 of 5'' but I never got any optional step 1,2 or 3 and I assume those are the steps where this ''registration schedule'' is supposed to come up but then optional step 4 of 5 says ''A registration has already been completed. Please utilise the Registration Amendment Option if currently available.'' and then when I click next step it bring me to my proof of registration.

Same here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

If you have no optional modules you won't be brought to the Subject Selection page I believe. What are you studying?

Business studies

• Advertisement

I don't think I have any optional modules, I'm doing Physics and Astronomy.

Really the thing that's worrying me the most is that I haven't gotten an email confirming that I have registered correctly, also on my payment history, its say successful payment, but the money is still in my bank account and I also got that weird email so that's kind of putting me off too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Really the thing that's worrying me the most is that I haven't gotten an email confirming that I have registered correctly, also on my payment history, its say successful payment, but the money is still in my bank account and I also got that weird email so that's kind of putting me off too

Unfortunately I can't say for sure about the confirmation e-mail thing as I'm not allowed register yet (year abroad craic) but I wouldn't have expected the money to come straight out of your bank account just yet anyway. If it's still there in a few days time you can be concerned about it but no need to worry just yet.

When you go back in the registration page now it says registration is already complete right? And you can see your timetable etc.? If so I'd forget about it for the moment and check your bank account in another few days. If the money is still there next Monday say, then ring up Registry again. If it's gone by then you're sorted. Registration doesn't close for another week and a half or something so it'll be grand :)

Okay I rang registry again and this time I got through to someone who took my student number and then told me I was registered so Evade you must be registered too since we had like the exact same problem

And thanks a lot for replying Konatu

Advertisement