Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband speeds Rural Meath

Options
  • 09-09-2014 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭

Hi Eircom,

I live in rural Meath,  We use the ulimited downloading policy for people who stream, how ever art broad band doesnt really support it, 3.14 megs with a ping of 65 ms and an upload of 0.28, its broad band and granted its better then nothing.

Apparently its to do with our exchange and how far away we are from it. The problem being, when you have multible people all trying to use the that kinda of speed things get a little slow.

I'm just wondering is our broad band capped to that speed or is that the best speed we can get?

Its just getting frustrating for a house to operate under those speeds ?

thanks  for reading

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Eircom,

I live in rural Meath,  We use the ulimited downloading policy for people who stream, how ever art broad band doesnt really support it, 3.14 megs with a ping of 65 ms and an upload of 0.28, its broad band and granted its better then nothing.

Apparently its to do with our exchange and how far away we are from it. The problem being, when you have multible people all trying to use the that kinda of speed things get a little slow.

I'm just wondering is our broad band capped to that speed or is that the best speed we can get?

thanks  for reading

Hi Gehad_JoyRider

A lines distance from the exchange can affect speeds. I can fully understand the increasing reliance on broadband and the requirement for faster speeds so if you would like to PM me your landline number I will be happy to look in to this further and check for any potential or possible improvements.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Toby12345

Hi Eircom,

thanks  for reading
    I am in rural meath also. I do not have a landline at present. But as part of a deal I can get my house connected for free with eircom. 

How have you got on with your speeds? 

I use vodaphone wireless broadband at the moment and it is fairly consistent. But we are limited to 15gb a month

I am worried that the eircom broadband will be slower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Toby12345 wrote: »
    Hi Eircom,

thanks  for reading
    I am in rural meath also. I do not have a landline at present. But as part of a deal I can get my house connected for free with eircom. 

How have you got on with your speeds? 

I use vodaphone wireless broadband at the moment and it is fairly consistent. But we are limited to 15gb a month

I am worried that the eircom broadband will be slower.
    Hi Toby12345

If there was eircom service preciously at your address I might be able to offer an indication of what speeds to expect, do you want to PM me the old number/address and I'll check this out for you?

Cheers
    Al

Advertisement