Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Video problems

Options
  • 09-09-2014 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

I recently got an Xbox One and I am having problems with streaming movies. First one I tried I was able to play but was un-watchable as it was too pixelated but figured this might have being a problem with my internet connection. But tried again last night and this time its telling me it Can't play due to usage rights. Make sure your PC's clock and time zone are set correctly, then try again

Checked these settings on both PC and Xbox and they are set up as they should. I have contacted Xbox support and I am awaiting a reply, just wondering as anyone else have had any similar problems?

I had 360 for years and I never had any problems watching movies.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

What are you using to stream?

There was an update to the Beta Dash this morning with support added to the media player app for DLNA streaming, didn't have time to mess about with it but I will later on. So I'd say sit tight better support for it will come in the next official update I'd say.

Edit: Just did a quick check and the new media player doesn't see my Plex server, options are zero to configure it. I'll trick around with plex later.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Blue Shamrock

Microsoft got back to me they are refunding me the cost of the rental anyways they were unable to rectify the problem will wait a while before trying to rent again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Microsoft got back to me they are refunding me the cost of the rental anyways they were unable to rectify the problem will wait a while before trying to rent again.

Oh wait you are renting them from the store, I thought you meant streaming from a PC :o

calex71 wrote: »
    Oh wait you are renting them from the store, I thought you meant streaming from a PC :o

Ya sorry through Xbox that's why the error code to check PC confused me so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭Shred

On a related note, how does everyone find Netflix performance on the One? I used it briefly but stopped soon after as I found it to be a little choppy; akin to TV performance pre-50Hz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I recently got an Xbox One and I am having problems with streaming movies. First one I tried I was able to play but was un-watchable as it was too pixelated but figured this might have being a problem with my internet connection. But tried again last night and this time its telling me it Can't play due to usage rights. Make sure your PC's clock and time zone are set correctly, then try again

Checked these settings on both PC and Xbox and they are set up as they should. I have contacted Xbox support and I am awaiting a reply, just wondering as anyone else have had any similar problems?

I had 360 for years and I never had any problems watching movies.

What speed is your internet connection?

What type of connection are you using? DSL, satellite, cable, 3G/4Gmobile?

What region is your Xbox One set to in Settings >> System?

Are you splitting the hdmi cable at any point from the Xbox One to the TV?

What speed is your internet connection?

What type of connection are you using? DSL, satellite, cable, 3G/4Gmobile?

What region is your Xbox One set to in Settings >> System?

Are you splitting the hdmi cable at any point from the Xbox One to the TV?

Download speed is 3.08mps ( I am clueless as to whether this is good bad or terrible)

DSL

Ireland

and No

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Download speed is 3.08mps ( I am clueless as to whether this is good bad or terrible)

DSL

Ireland

and No

The download speed isn't great, it just about passes the minimum required for XB1.

Getting any packet loss? Try pingtest.net to see if your getting 100% of your connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

I think Netflix recommend 4 meg minimum don't they?

The download speed isn't great, it just about passes the minimum required for XB1.

Getting any packet loss? Try pingtest.net to see if your getting 100% of your connection.

It said it was unable to test packet loss, it said Ping was 48ms and jitter 4ms, Overall grade of B* which it said is very good for most internet applications.

It is strange because I have downloaded games and its being a bit slow but no problem would have thought movies were smaller size. I will try again over the weekend and if it still doesn't work I guess my internet is too slow and will stick to the Sky service its usually pretty much the same films.

Thanks for your help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement