Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secondary School Teaching Query

Options
  • 09-09-2014 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi all,

A friend of mine has askd me to post on his behalf. Basically, he did a BBS in Equine Business a few years back and was wondering if it were possible for him to pursue further studies as a secondary school teacher in Business, Economics and Accountancy. Its not registered under the TC list but could he have it assessed and deemed suitable??

Who does he contact??

Thanks

xx

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

This would be interesting, sorry I cant help at all(Havn't looked into anything in the real world yet)

But please if you could update us with any findings etc :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Crossroads101

Will do, I think he is going about making queries 2moro- Ill keep u posted

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

Yes, your friend can have their qualifications assessed by the teaching council. It's costs around €200 to have it done and they need every scrap of info about the course. It also takes AGES to get the report back. You could be looking at a year to get the report provided you have all the paperwork in order. The teaching council are a waste of space.

Also note the teaching jobs are like hens teeth. I'm not sure it's worth spending another 2 years in college to get the PME (never mind the cost and what other modules the teaching council may make your friend do) to probably not get a job at the end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Crossroads101

TheBody wrote: »
    Yes, your friend can have their qualifications assessed by the teaching council. It's costs around €200 to have it done and they need every scrap of info about the course. It also takes AGES to get the report back. You could be looking at a year to get the report provided you have all the paperwork in order. The teaching council are a waste of space.

Also note the teaching jobs are like hens teeth. I'm not sure it's worth spending another 2 years in college to get the PME (never mind the cost and what other modules the teaching council may make your friend do) to probably not get a job at the end of it.

Thank you for your advice - very interesting perspective

Advertisement