Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fishing drogheda

Options
  • 09-09-2014 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

hi,,,does anyone know if you can corse fish on the river boyne,,i mean is there corse fish in the river?????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I've replaced on the other thread where you asked as well
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057278364

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

donegan246 wrote: »
    hi,,,does anyone know if you can corse fish on the river boyne,,i mean is there corse fish in the river?????

There are coarse fish in the river Boyne, say from the cable bridge back. Ive caught a few roach while trout fishing near Newgrange and have seen photos of bream on the banks too. Saying that though I was on my clubs water and able to fish there.
    Your best bet would be to fish the Boyne canal. Some great fishing here at times. Ive caught roach, perch and a small pike here. A friend of mine caught a roach just near 2lb caught on the canal a few years back, but don't know how it is these days. Perch are great from the little bridge back heading east. Size 12 and a few shot about a foot back with a local worm as bait.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 donegan246

so from the cable bridge back towards the town of drogheda,do you know if there is free fishing or is it another club,,,can i get a day permit for ur club or do you know if east of the bridge is free or that clubs name,,,thanks,,

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

No, back up stream heading West of the cable bridge.
    Your best bet is to ask in at the tackle shop on the fairgreen for day passes, that's if it's even there anymore. Been living overseas so I can't tell for sure.

Why the river for coarse? There are better places to fish near Drogheda.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 donegan246

can you tell me were is the better places,,

• Advertisement
Advertisement