Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Ski Holiday - Destination & Equipment help!

Options
  • 09-09-2014 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,

Looking to book a 7 night holiday over the Christmas period somewhere in the snow so I thought why not skiing!

Most flights are going from 20th/21st Dec.

Would love some help from anyone who has been abroad skiing and especially around this time..but first a look at requirements/details:

2 Beginner Skiers
    First Xmas abroad - so would like it to be special :)
    Would love a Christmas feel to the Village/Town (with hotel situated close to Village)
    Good scenery
    Stuff to do other than ski

Questions:
    Anyone recommend a Destination (& Resort/Hotel) to go to?
    What would we need to bring (clothes wise) and anyone know a good place to get them?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

You will prob get a better response over in the winter sports forum, although it maybe a bit slow this time of year.

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Registered Users Posts: 8 PrimeOptimus

You will prob get a better response over in the winter sports forum, although it maybe a bit slow this time of year.

I was thinking that but wasn't sure! I've received some private message responses though with some help :) thanks!

Chamonix would be my number one has all different types of slopes from beginners to the black runs for experienced skiers. Beautiful town and having been there over Christmas previously has a lovely feeling and still a good buzz around at that time. Zell am Zee in Austria is a lovely resort as well if you wanted something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 PrimeOptimus

Chamonix would be my number one has all different types of slopes from beginners to the black runs for experienced skiers. Beautiful town and having been there over Christmas previously has a lovely feeling and still a good buzz around at that time. Zell am Zee in Austria is a lovely resort as well if you wanted something different.

Thank you! Will definitely look into this :)

Advertisement