Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post your Vintage Steel BIke

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

PIcs added to Eamonnaters' post

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

$$$

Not always the case. The red\green\white Raleigh only cost me €252. Never used apart from it's wheels. 653 frame and full DA 7400 groupset. Bargain!
    A badly listed auction had me as the one and only bidder.

The Road Ace came in under €300 but it involved a road trip to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Patfatenough

Jeez that's a qaure good price for a bike of that caliber, good goin! I've never rode 531 let alone 653! Have a Reynolds 501 Pug & Colnago Super(Columbus SL) and the two of'em are powerful. A lot of flex in both, just waitin to past the ten day & 50 comment toll to post!!

Lookin at Columbus Max & Genius as the next step but won't be for a while and something else might pop up, wouldn't mind gettin a Colnago Master, Heard wonderful things about them and they look exactly like a bike should, fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Posted elsewhere in the past, but here you go:

1983 Colnago Master, restored to the classic Saronni Red colourscheme.

Col1.jpg

col2.jpg

col3.jpg

col4.jpg

col5.jpg

col6.jpg

Might be forced to get rid of this and one or two other modern machines to make way for a pram shortly, but I put so much into the restore it would just not be worth my while. Labour of love as they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Patfatenough

Eamonnator's pug looks like a beast.

@Quigs Snr - 5/5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭25sean

Bought this Tomassini frame off nudger, steel enthusiast, early summer, here before first ride, headset spacers, new bar tape and possible tyre change....

mix of steel and carbon from my old build... in two minds to keep the finishing kit or go with something alu/steel/titanium and light

columbus genius, 54.. very happy....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭letape

25sean wrote: »
    Bought this Tomassini frame off nudger, steel enthusiast, early summer, here before first ride, headset spacers, new bar tape and possible tyre change....

mix of steel and carbon from my old build... in two minds to keep the finishing kit or go with something alu/steel/titanium and light

Sean - that frame is absolutely stunning. Columbus Genius makes a fantastic light and stiff frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

My 1986 Raleigh Record Sprint

IMG_0181.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 835 ✭✭✭countrykid

25sean wrote: »

Lovely lovely machine...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Bought this Tomassini frame off nudger

This frame is a beauty. Pity components are modern, though. Or at least not Athena ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭PCX

vektarman wrote: »
    My 1986 Raleigh Record Sprint

IMG_0181.jpg

Nice bike but I'm more impressed by your house tbh :)

yeah, the big debate, put campag on it, of which I have nothing! and so be limited, or keep it with more modern components and be able to interchange wheels and race on it....

I reckon it's an extra kg on a carbon frame, not as jumpy or fast on acceleration, but feels great when it's up and going.. taking it out for the Laragh classic at the weekend...

thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Satdog

Here's my two steeds. 1984 Raleigh Panasonic (Reynolds 531) and 1992 Atala (Columbus SL) not vintage I know but consider it KOF.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Donie75

Here's a pic of a 70's Legnano that I bought about 6 months ago. It was just a frame with wheels and a bag of bits.
    The chainset is off an old raleigh because the original one is missing its big chainring.
    The groupset is Campagnolo Nouvo Valentino. It seems to be low end kit.
    The wheels were in a bad way but I replaced a few spokes, rebuilt the hubs and cleaned the rims with wire wool and WD40.
    The saddle and seatpost are modern but they fit in well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Donie75

By the way, I'm looking for a set of pedals for my Legnano, as pictured in the previous post. Can anyone recommend something cheap.
    I'm also still trying to find out some more info about my Legnano. Despite spending a lot of time googling, I have only found a greeny blue metallic Legnano with the same decals but it didn't have the half chrome forks.
    Also, mine has a dynamo mount on the front fork which maybe means it was more of a tourer. I think it was a lower end Legnano because the rear brake mount and one or two other parts are pressed steel.
    I also heard that Bianchi made Legnano's in the 70's and 80's and that this bike might be one that they branded as Legnano.

some bits and bobs on this site

http://www.velosolo.co.uk/shoppedal.html

Advertisement