Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Iphone 6 price

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

kceire wrote: »
    UK delivery I'd imagine. Store collection is from the 19th in Belfast.

So can you pre order on the UK site for collection in Belfast on launch day?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

So can you pre order on the UK site for collection in Belfast on launch day?

No. Pre order is for delivery. If you want to collect I. Store wye up for 8am opening on the 19th.

No. Pre order is for delivery. If you want to collect I. Store wye up for 8am opening on the 19th.

How long do you think Delivery will be if you order on the 12th.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Narcissus

http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/iphone/

here it says "Pre-order iPhone 6 and have it shipped to you for free, or reserve for pickup in store. You can also buy at the Apple Retail Store from 8:00 am on 19 September"

does that not mean we can reserve on the 12th to pick it up on the 19th?

How long do you think Delivery will be if you order on the 12th.

Order 12th
    Dispatched on launch day 19th
    Arrive at Parcel Motel maybe Monday 22nd
    Arrive at your Parcel Motel collection box maybe Tuesday/Wednesday 23rd/24th (roughly)

• Advertisement

Narcissus wrote: »
    http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/iphone/

here it says "Pre-order iPhone 6 and have it shipped to you for free, or reserve for pickup in store. You can also buy at the Apple Retail Store from 8:00 am on 19 September"

does that not mean we can reserve on the 12th to pick it up on the 19th?

Ok so this changes everything. It means you don't have torque as such. This is the way the iPhone 4 was launched. You ore ordered and just arrived at the store on the given day and picked up.

If this is correct then that's great news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Any ideas on when our carriers will update their sites to reflect new contracts. ?

Must say it looks great with the curved look , still not sure i want another 2 year contract for it

Not sure its much better than my 5

Any ideas on when our carriers will update their sites to reflect new contracts. ?

At the last minute judging by previous launches. Each one will be trying to out wit the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

hfallada wrote: »
    Except they expect you to pay 100-200 more to increase your memory. But its you can do its yourself with a Samsung for an extra memory card. Its a rip off, as no one in their right mind will buy a 16gb phone unless they plan on not taking photos or having music on it

Run along there, young man. You appear to be lost. >>>>>> Android land

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

Zcott wrote: »
    I think that's pretty bad IT deployment by the IT department if anyone needs two phones.
    I have two phones. One from work where I will be contacted working hours and another one for personal use so people can't contact me all hours/weekends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭loh_oro

Wow the iPhone 6 is amazing. Same specs or worse than all flagships available today at twice the price for less storage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Guys does anyone know if there are any issues with picking one of these up in the States and using them here ? I think there was some issues with LTE or something on the iphone 5 ?

At $649 it's much easier to take than 699 euro for the 16gig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Guys does anyone know if there are any issues with picking one of these up in the States and using them here ? I think there was some issues with LTE or something on the iphone 5 ?

This post: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=88493520&postcount=18

...tells everything you need to know about the compatibility of the US iPhones to European use. Just update to the iPhone 6 GSM model number.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

no warranty outside the States

This has been answered so many times on this thread alone.

No warranty at all on the US phone in europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

projectgtr wrote: »
    sweet mother of the zombie jesus :eek: basically a €1000 euro phone , didnt think prices would ever hit that.

Lol phone prices used to exceed a grand before my first phone was IRL£1699.00 plus VAT @ if I remember 25% so £2,123, that was in 1989. Nokia also in the late 90's had flagship phones that cost in excess of a grand.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Lol phone prices used to exceed a grand before my first phone was IRL£1699.00 plus VAT @ if I remember 25% so £2.123, that was in 1989. Nokia also in the late 90's had flagship phones that cost in excess of a grand.

They were all subsidised back then. The level of subsidy is a lot less now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Han534

iPhone 6 - €699(16gb), €799(64gb), €899(128gb)
    iPhone 6+ - €799(16gb), €899(64gb), €999(128gb)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

godtabh wrote: »
    They were all subsidised back then. The level of subsidy is a lot less now

No subsidy in late 80's in fact in early 90's subsidy only amounted to £50 no matter the model phone. Also subsidy by networks was usually only on the cheaper handset and often did not give a discount on flagship models.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Are you sure of that? I bought a macbook pro in the states and had the charger replaced for free within the warranty period.

Does the worldwide warranty exclude iphones?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭JoeA3

This has been answered so many times on this thread alone.

No warranty at all on the US phone in europe.

Is that a certainty? What about world-wide warranty? I know of people who've bought iPads and the likes in America and they've had no warranty issues. Surely it's very common these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Is that a certainty? What about world-wide warranty? I know of people who've bought iPads and the likes in America and they've had no warranty issues. Surely it's very common these days.

For iPhones, because of the different chipsets, you can not return a US-bought iPhone in Europe. They will not honor the warranty.

However, you could fly back to the states with it and return it there.

This is what Apple told me when my iPhone 5s, which I bought in NY, broke. I ended up with a faulty phone and no way to get it fixed.

Only buy an iPhone in the states if you are happy with this risk or make frequent trips to the states.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭JoeA3

For iPhones, because of the different chipsets, you can not return a US-bought iPhone in Europe. They will not honor the warranty.

However, you could fly back to the states with it and return it there.

This is what Apple told me when my iPhone 5s, which I bought in NY, broke. I ended up with a faulty phone and no way to get it fixed.

Only buy an iPhone in the states if you are happy with this risk or make frequent trips to the states.

Actually...
    A couple of years ago I had a faulty iPhone4 (originally bought on a contract here). I happened to be in Boston for a week and I went to an Apple Store over there and they swapped it for me there under warranty. A few weeks later, the replacement phone started giving me a different problem and Apple Ireland replaced it for me again! The location of where I got the replacement(s) or where it was bought originally didn't seem to be an issue.

Unless things have changed since then...

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Actually...
    A couple of years ago I had a faulty iPhone4 (originally bought on a contract here). I happened to be in Boston for a week and I went to an Apple Store over there and they swapped it for me there under warranty. A few weeks later, the replacement phone started giving me a different problem and Apple Ireland replaced it for me again! The location of where I got the replacement(s) or where it was bought originally didn't seem to be an issue.

Unless things have changed since then...

iPhone 4 was a worldwide GSM model - didn't have different chipsets for LTE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Anyone fancy taking a guesstimate at contract prices here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Thanks but I travel frequently so this isn't an issue. Should it function without any issue though ?

Great news about the pre order I will pre order and pick up on the 19th all going well. :)

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    Anyone fancy taking a guesstimate at contract prices here?

I would say the base model 6 will be around 129e on bill pay. 6 plus I would imagine to be closer to 200e for the base model.

Thanks but I travel frequently so this isn't an issue. Should it function without any issue though ?

As long as you buy the sim-free GSM version it will work perfectly.

• Advertisement

I would say the base model 6 will be around 129e on bill pay. 6 plus I would imagine to be closer to 200e for the base model.

I'd go with that on a 24 month contract between €55-€75 a month.

Add €100 for each step up in capacity

Advertisement