Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Iphone 6 price

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Kagawa

I'll be going for the 6, + is way too big IMO, someone said earlier that if you ordered on the 26th you could get it with a shipping time of 7 days, is this right and if so, would it become available to buy from 00:01 in the 26th? Would like not to have wait 3-5 weeks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    Anyone fancy taking a guesstimate at contract prices here?
    Of course it depends on the kind of contract you get. I'd say the top-tier iP6+ on the most expensive 24 month contract from 3 will be €250-€300.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭nailforhammer

godtabh wrote: »
    I'd go with that on a 24 month contract between €55-€75 a month.

Add €100 for each step up in capacity

Three offer the best deal on both Prepay and Billpay but Prepay always works out cheaper.
    Three Bill pay:
    iPhone 6 = €129 + (€55 x 24 months) = €1449 (unlimited everything)

Three Prepay:
    iPhone 6 = €659 + (€20 X 24) = €1139
    Prepay offers unlimited 4g/3g internet and unlimited texts (and unlimited calls at the weekend). So unless you make a lot of calls during the week. You're going to have to spend all that credit eventually.
    that means it'll probably be more like 659 + (€20 x 18) = €1019.

Of course no network provider would tell you that as they make sh*t tonnes off Bill pay plans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Just a heads up for anyone considering per-ordering in the UK on the 12th.

As it currently stands the arse might fall out of the pound next week. If the Scottish vote to break from the UK I could see the Euro gaining which means the iPhone 6 will be cheaper to buy for us. Already this week the Pound has dropped to a 10 month low after poll results over the weekend.

Then again.... if the Scottish vote to stay as part of the UK, the pound could strengthen a bit against the Euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

I was going to Belfast on launch day but as said the exchange rate is what's putting me off.Im also heading to Las Vegas October 15th so might hold off get it over there oh what todo?? Warranty not an issue as I'm back and forth to the USA often enough

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

dodzy wrote: »
    Run along there, young man. You appear to be lost. >>>>>> Android land

They even have a dedicated thread to tut loudly on, bless!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Options available to me :

Im currently on Meteor Family & Friends legacy plan so no upgrades available anymore.

400/400 2GB €25

Buy Phone sim free €799 (iPhone 6), sell my current iPhone 5 32gb in white to part fund and stay on the F&F Offer.

Change plan to a 4G plan : Unlimited/Unlimited 3gb €39.20 and get a HTC M8 for €29, sell it straight away along with my iPhone 5 and purchase the iPhone 6 sim free.

just wondering if the 4G plan is worth the extra monthly outlay over the 3G plan?

Anybody roughly value an iPhone 5 32gb in white with box, all accessories and receipt in brand new condition.
    Also what would sell easier, brand new in box Galaxy S5 (€49) or HTC M8 (€29). (Bracket price is what they will cost me)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

fox007 wrote: »
    I was going to Belfast on launch day but as said the exchange rate is what's putting me off.Im also heading to Las Vegas October 15th so might hold off get it over there oh what todo?? Warranty not an issue as I'm back and forth to the USA often enough

Just multiply the Stg price by 1.25. if its too expensive at that then the slight changes in exchange rates on daily basis will not mean much.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I know myself that I will make absolute sh!te out of the 6Plus within a few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭savemejebus

kceire wrote: »
    This has been answered so many times on this thread alone.

No warranty at all on the US phone in europe.

If you purchase applecare + are you not entitled to a repair since last year
    http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/24/applecare-international-coverage/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

kceire wrote: »
    Anybody roughly value an iPhone 5 32gb in white with box, all accessories and receipt in brand new condition.
    Also what would sell easier, brand new in box Galaxy S5 (€49) or HTC M8 (€29). (Bracket price is what they will cost me)

I'm shopping around for a used but mint 5s at the moment. €400 is the going adverts.ie rate for a 16GB, €450 for 32GB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

If you purchase applecare + are you not entitled to a repair since last year
    http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/24/applecare-international-coverage/

Possibly but then you would have to pay for AppleCare which would negate most of the saving from buying it in the US anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

just got this from Vodafone
    Vodafone Ireland today announced it will offer iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, the biggest advancements in iPhone history, beginning 26th September. Customers may pre-register interest today at http://comingsoon.vodafone.ie/register/iphone-6. For more information please visit: www.vodafone.ie. For more information on iPhone, please visit: www.apple.com/iphone.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

BrookieD wrote: »
    just got this from Vodafone

Doesnt tell you much. We all know that all the networks will be carrying both phones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

efb wrote: »
    They even have a dedicated thread to tut loudly on, bless!

Was having a look on the forum...Lordy

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Possibly but then you would have to pay for AppleCare which would negate most of the saving from buying it in the US anyway!

I don't know, to me, looking at purchasing in NH

US 16gb iPhone 6 with applecare plus = $749 or €579 Euro
    IE: 16gb iPhone 6 = €699

US 64gb iPhone 6 with applecare plus = $849 or €657 Euro
    IE: 64gb iPhone 6 = €799

Still saving €120+ on each transaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Are those US prices with sales tax added?

No, as I said i'm looking at purchasing in New Hampshire (NH) so no sales taxes. Even added on you still save about €100.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Zcott wrote: »
    Are those US prices with sales tax added?

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭jiminho

Who in the hell would buy this sim free? If your buying one outright you surely must have the money to go on contract. The mind boggles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭keano25

jiminho wrote: »
    Who in the hell would buy this sim free? If your buying one outright you surely must have the money to go on contract. The mind boggles.

Contract are a **** to be locked into, had one before never again... catch me once shame on you and all that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Cause some people have low contracts like 20 euro a month and over the course of 24 months its actually cheaper to buy the phone outright and only pay a small bill per month for that time than pay 199 for the phone and another 40-50euro a month on top of that.

Some people don't like the idea of being tied to one company for 2 years also and the option of 12 month or 30 day rollings contracts suit better so they can move where the best deals are.

Also some people travel a lot and can slip in sim cards from other countries rather than have their phone blocked.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

keano25 wrote: »
    Contract are a **** to be locked into, had one before never again... catch me once shame on you and all that...

Depends. Might be cheaper over 24 months to buy sim free but that means a lot up front. On the other hand its cheaper on contract up front but you may pay more over the same 24 months.

No, as I said i'm looking at purchasing in New Hampshire (NH) so no sales taxes. Even added on you still save about €100.

Not really. Apple care cost $99 upfront. Then $79 per incident, for a maximum of two incidents over the plan's two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭jiminho

keano25 wrote: »

I haven't seen the iPhone deals in a while but when i bought my iPhone 4s it was 199 upfront at 40 per month for 18 months = 919 (24 months = 1159)
    In comparison sim free; 599 upfront at 20 per month = 959 (24 months = 1079)

Savings are marginal and you get a far better deal on contract in terms of data, texts and calls.

And what does it matter been locked into a contract for 2 years? If you can afford an iPhone (the prices are absurd), you can afford a 40 a month contract.

Just my opinion.

Not really. Apple care cost $99 upfront. Then $79 per incident, for a maximum of two incidents over the plan's two years.

That only counts for accidental damages like dropping the phone or water damage, if a fault develops there is no extra fee.

That only counts for accidental damages like dropping the phone or water damage, if a fault develops there is no extra fee.

Ok fair point. Looks like a good deal so if you can get it in NH!

I haven't seen the iPhone deals in a while but when i bought my iPhone 4s it was 199 upfront at 40 per month for 18 months = 919 (24 months = 1159)
    In comparison sim free; 599 upfront at 20 per month = 959 (24 months = 1079)

Savings are marginal and you get a far better deal on contract in terms of data, texts and calls.

And what does it matter been locked into a contract for 2 years? If you can afford an iPhone (the prices are absurd), you can afford a 40 a month contract.

Just my opinion.

It's not just about the money - being able to switch providers whenever you want is desirable, as is having a sim unlocked phone when travelling.

Also, you categorically do NOT get a better deal in terms of calls/texts/data on contract!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

i'm on tesco mobile and i've spent €13 in credit over 3 monts (june to electric picnic this year). all my friends chat is on whatsapp and i go between WiFi in office and wifi at home.

i was on Vodafone for years (ahhh Nokia E61, you POS) and my bills were always over my contract amount for some reason. i prefer the freedom of throwing in any sim card if I go abroad and being able to go straight back to Apple if I've problems instead of talking to some idiot in local Vodafone store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

I'd be interested to know for sure if Applecare+ would cover you over here for devices bought in the USA. $749 (€580) (not including tax) sounds good for the 64GB iPhone 6.

I'm guessing you might be better served to actually buy the Applecare+ over here for €99 than buying it over there.

Advertisement