Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Iphone 6 price

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭jiminho

i'm on tesco mobile and i've spent €13 in credit over 3 monts (june to electric picnic this year). all my friends chat is on whatsapp and i go between WiFi in office and wifi at home.

i was on Vodafone for years (ahhh Nokia E61, you POS) and my bills were always over my contract amount for some reason. i prefer the freedom of throwing in any sim card if I go abroad and being able to go straight back to Apple if I've problems instead of talking to some idiot in local Vodafone store.

Curiously, what phone do you have now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Typically Apple don't sell the sim free version until November in the States.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

jiminho wrote: »
    Curiously, what phone do you have now?

I've 2 phones, I'm an Android and iOS developer.

Nexus 5. great flagship Google phone running stock Android. Simfree at €350. this is usually my day-to-day phone.

OnePlusOne. Chinese made Android phone running cyanogenmod. Simfree at €350.
    and an iPhone 5 which I only use for development.

curious, have you heard of them? two great phones with TERRIBLE marketing. Google need to put money promoting their Nexus brand. it's unreal that ****ty, overpriced Samsung have taken a huge marketshare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭keano25

jiminho wrote: »
    I haven't seen the iPhone deals in a while but when i bought my iPhone 4s it was 199 upfront at 40 per month for 18 months = 919 (24 months = 1159)
    In comparison sim free; 599 upfront at 20 per month = 959 (24 months = 1079)

Savings are marginal and you get a far better deal on contract in terms of data, texts and calls.

And what does it matter been locked into a contract for 2 years? If you can afford an iPhone (the prices are absurd), you can afford a 40 a month contract.

Just my opinion.

I always found no matter what my contract would always go over with no explanation of how it happened from Vodafone.

Also I travel to england a lot and find being able to throw in my £10 sim in and iMessage home for noting is a great option!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

keano25 wrote: »
    I always found no matter what my contract would always go over with no explanation of how it happened from Vodafone.

Also I travel to england a lot and find being able to throw in my £10 sim in and iMessage home for noting is a great option!

It's likely the travel to England is the cause.

I don't see how you'd have no explanation of why you'd go over your contract, their bills are pretty straight forward.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

Three do an unlimited plan that includes calls to the UK and roaming while in the UK. For most people in ireland now unlimited plans are the only option and start from as little as €25.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

SachaJ wrote: »
    I'd be interested to know for sure if Applecare+ would cover you over here for devices bought in the USA. $749 (€580) (not including tax) sounds good for the 64GB iPhone 6.

I'm guessing you might be better served to actually buy the Applecare+ over here for €99 than buying it over there.

looking into this myself at the minutiae and found this from apple.com

This Plan is offered and valid only in the fifty states of the United States of America and the District of Columbia and all provinces and territories of Canada. Persons who have not reached the age of majority may not purchase this Plan. This Plan may not be available in all states of the United States and in all provinces and territories of Canada, and is not available where prohibited by law.

so in short I do not think it will cover you out side of the Usa even if the iPhone 6 16gb will cost E540 (depending on state tax) compared to E699.so can we buy apple care plus and add the isa gsm on to it?Has any one down that??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

mad muffin wrote: »
    Typically Apple don't sell the sim free version until November in the States.

NOOOOOOOO, just seeing this now ah dam back to Belfast idea next week so :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭jiminho

Nexus 5. great flagship Google phone running stock Android. Simfree at €350. this is usually my day-to-day phone.

curious, have you heard of them? two great phones with TERRIBLE marketing. Google need to put money promoting their Nexus brand. it's unreal that ****ty, overpriced Samsung have taken a huge marketshare.

Heard of the Nexus 5 but never heard of the other one. I had a feeling you did something along the lines of app developer. I think you can appreciate that you're in the minority and most people won't be making calls over VoIP. I'm not going to get into an Apple vs Android battle, i was more just stating that when it comes to iPhones, the best way is to go for it is on contract.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's because you kept going to England. Most contracts offer unlimited texts and phonecalls with a decent amount of data to get you thru the month.

Again for most other phones I might agree and say get sim free but with the iPhone costing up to a thousand bloody euro!! I'd say get it on contract. That is all

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭kayser

godtabh wrote: »
    no warranty outside the States

I guess that may be partially true.

I bought an phone 5s off someone on donedeal, sealed in the box. Found out it was a US phone from the shape of the charger. Thought it was not a big deal. However, Home button stopped working a week later. Called apple support in Ireland but was told no warranty here and it had to be sent to someone in the states for claiming warranty. Was in the UK a month later and went to an apple store to try my luck. A nice chap there told me it had to be replaced, but since its the US version I would have to wait for 2 days for a replacement. Got a new phone from them the next day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Any chance you could point me in the right direction to purchase one of these?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Hootanany wrote: »

There is a thread on the android forum. Its invite only at this stage and a long waiting list on the boards invite list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Hootanany wrote: »

I've got one, about 6 weeks now. My iPhone 5 had to go into repair so I picked one up to try Android. Got it on Adverts for 400 euro for the 64gb version. It's a great phone for the money. I've been frustrated at the lack of compatibility between my Oneplus and Apple TV/iPad/Macbook. The Sky Go app doesnt work on the OnePlus. Little things. The camera is great, the video taking is amazing. The screen is huge and crisp. It's the most responsive and fluid Android phone i've seen. It's amazing value for money, but I always think when something isn't as it should be, i'm getting what i've paid for. The scrolling on webpages using Opera or Chrome is appaling, for instance. Instagram's new Hyperlapse app isn't on Android yet. I could go on...

So will be selling my Oneplus in a few weeks! Keep an eye out on Adverts.ie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

I've got one, about 6 weeks now. My iPhone 5 had to go into repair so I picked one up to try Android. Got it on Adverts for 400 euro for the 64gb version. It's a great phone for the money. I've been frustrated at the lack of compatibility between my Oneplus and Apple TV/iPad/Macbook. The Sky Go app doesnt work on the OnePlus. Little things. The camera is great, the video taking is amazing. The screen is huge and crisp. It's the most responsive and fluid Android phone i've seen. It's amazing value for money, but I always think when something isn't as it should be, i'm getting what i've paid for. The scrolling on webpages using Opera or Chrome is appaling, for instance. Instagram's new Hyperlapse app isn't on Android yet. I could go on...

So will be selling my Oneplus in a few weeks! Keep an eye out on Adverts.ie!

Cheers for that I have the 5 also was going to use this just for work, give us a shout when your selling it

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ColG

As long as you buy the sim-free GSM version it will work perfectly.

Looking at buying the 6+ from states as i will be over there when it launches but i cant seem to see a GSM Version on their site? Do they not sell it till a later date?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

ColG wrote: »
    Looking at buying the 6+ from states as i will be over there when it launches but i cant seem to see a GSM Version on their site? Do they not sell it till a later date?

The T-Mobile one is I think the one you're after.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Zcott wrote: »

Yep I'm 100% sure it might be that one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭CFC007

kceire wrote: »
    Yep I'm 100% sure it might be that one :)

From what I read the T mobile phone is locked to that network just doesn't come with a contract.

CFC007 wrote: »
    From what I read the T mobile phone is locked to that network just doesn't come with a contract.

I've been told that the T-mobile is a PAYG sim, seemly apple dish them out as a pre arranged contract with T-mobile with the hope that a few will actually use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ColG

kceire wrote: »
    I've been told that the T-mobile is a PAYG sim, seemly apple dish them out as a pre arranged contract with T-mobile with the hope that a few will actually use it.
    So if i buy the tmobile contract free one ($749) it should work here?

• Advertisement

ColG wrote: »
    So if i buy the tmobile contract free one ($749) it should work here?

To be honest, when you go there, just tell the guy that you want it for use in Europe. They are aware which one works and which one doesn't as many have bought there.

I wouldn't like to tell you 100% that it's correct! but I believe you also must check model numbers to confirm that it works and that 4G/LTE will work on our network bands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I read somewhere they won't unlock it for the first 40 days. Don't know how true that is.

mad muffin wrote: »
    I read somewhere they won't unlock it for the first 40 days. Don't know how true that is.

It should come unlocked from out of the box. Previous ones did, even from the US store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Zcott wrote: »

No Tmobile one is locked to that network. They don't sell the unlocked one in the states until around 4-6 week after launch. Same every year.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Why would you buy an iPhone if you cant read? This is for the 5s

3492d0j.png

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dicknorris

3 have iphone 6 for €169 with 24mts contract

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

dicknorris wrote: »

How much is the monthly cost?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

dicknorris wrote: »

How much PM?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Hopefully the Sim-free versions are released quicker in the US this year. I'm over there from the 9th-26th Oct and looking to pick up a 6 hopefully!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dicknorris

naasrd wrote: »
    How much PM?
    €55/month all texts all calls and all data

Advertisement