Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Iphone 6 price

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

The Mig wrote: »
    Hopefully the Sim-free versions are released quicker in the US this year. I'm over there from the 9th-26th Oct and looking to pick up a 6 hopefully!

Do they only release contract phones on release day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

The upgrade offers I got with Three are:

iPhone 6+ 16GB:
    Classic Flex Max 350 €40 p/m: 18 mths: €439
    Classic Flex Max 350 €40 p/m: 24 months: €319.
    Unlimited Flex Max 350 €55 p/m: 24 months: €269.

iPhone 6+ 64GB:
    Classic Flex Max 350 €40 p/m: 18 mths: €539
    Classic Flex Max 350 €40 p/m: 24 months: €419.
    Unlimited Flex Max 350 €55 p/m: 24 months: €369.

iPhone 6 16GB:
    Classic Flex Max 350 €40 p/m: 18 mths: €339
    Classic Flex Max 350 €40 p/m: 24 months: €219.
    Unlimited Flex Max 350 €55 p/m: 24 months: €169.

iPhone 6 64GB:

iPhone 6 128GB:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Vodafone pricing is up:
    http://www.vodafone.ie/iphone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

brophs wrote: »
    The upgrade offers I got with Three are:

iPhone 6+ 16GB:

iPhone 6+ 64GB:

iPhone 6 16GB:
    Classic Flex Max 350 €40 p/m: 18 mths: €339
    Classic Flex Max 350 €40 p/m: 24 months: €219.
    Unlimited Flex Max 350 €55 p/m: 24 months: €169.

iPhone 6 64GB:

iPhone 6 128GB:

Pretty much even so between sim free and contract, at least on the Classic Flex Max plans.
    Sim free Flex Max 350 is 20 pm so the extra cost over sim free is 20*18 + 339 = 699 for the 16Gb.
    Depends how important being able to change operator or use multiple sims is to you.

Vodafone pricing is up:
    http://www.vodafone.ie/iphone

On hold to Vodafone now trying to pre-order and this doesn't seem to be an intentional release of pricing from what I am being told.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

On hold to Vodafone now trying to pre-order and this doesn't seem to be an intentional release of pricing from what I am being told.

I would have thought it is, went up on their twitter too, which is likely a different team of people... :confused:

dulpit wrote: »
    I would have thought it is, went up on their twitter too, which is likely a different team of people... :confused:

She went off to speak to them again (30 minutes on the phone to them) and came back and said customer care had not been notified by the other team (great internal communication there). She also said no pre-orders until the email is sent, couldn't give me a timeline (presumably again due to the great internal communication) and said it was strange other networks offering pre-orders on an unreleased phone.

Might just buy direct from Apple next week altogether.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I did a "live chat" with a Vodafone rep and she seemed to think the plans on the site were valid for iPhone 6.

Note (because I missed it first) there's a second page of plans accessed by the little nav under the 3 boxes. €55 a month is the cheapest plan with 4G. You can't choose 4G as an extra which is a PITA as I really wanted to stay on the Essentials €40 plan.

Is 4G worth an extra €15 a month??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Looking for 64Gb 6+ . On three that would cost 539 on the 40p/m plan, am I reading that right ?!! Absolutely huge money on a bill. I'll be buying it direct from Apple for 899 and sticking with my 20p/m pay as you go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Looking for 64Gb 6+ . On three that would cost 539 on the 40p/m plan, am I reading that right ?!! Absolutely huge money on a bill. I'll be buying it direct from Apple for 899 and sticking with my 20p/m pay as you go.

Yep that's right, they basically aren't giving you any discount, it's more of a payment plan.
    It works out at 899 extra over your 20p/m.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I had a look at plans today and I'm torn now. I REALLY don't want to sign up for a 24 month contract. I'd happily sign up to a 12 month contract and pay a bigger premium for the phone, but nobody does them anymore :mad: The Meteor 35 quid a month sim only plan looks good (4G, unlimited calls & texts, 15GB) and looks to be the way to go. But then I would have to fork out 800 (minus what I get for my iPhone 5), so I don't know what to do :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Is it just me but are Vodafone plans and prices just off the wall.

An Iphone 6 on the middle tarrif would work out over €1500 for 2 years. Crazy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Harcrid

O2 have a 12 month option. I was looking at it earlier. Think the phone was about 500 Euro ish but I can't remember cost per month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Harcrid wrote: »
    O2 have a 12 month option. I was looking at it earlier. Think the phone was about 500 Euro ish but I can't remember cost per month.

Thanks, missed that earlier. Just had a look and the price plans are very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭tommy100

dont know why u choose iphones over everything else. prices are rediculous. I was very late in getting a smart phone, about 2-3 years behind everyone else. my now wife, was on her 3rd iphone so I use to use that all the time, so was to it. then evetually I got a smartphone (samsung s2) thru work, it wasn"t great tho. so my first phone came aboutlast year. I use to scan about looking at everyone's phone on way home on tube to see which was most popular. I thought iphone would be up there but it was evens with sony samsung htc really. anyways I went for samsungs3 and ive never looked back. its so much easier to use.. muxch more user friendly and easy to find chargers charged
    samsung s3,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

tommy100 wrote: »
    dont know why u choose iphones over everything else. prices are rediculous. I was very late in getting a smart phone, about 2-3 years behind everyone else. my now wife, was on her 3rd iphone so I use to use that all the time, so was to it. then evetually I got a smartphone (samsung s2) thru work, it wasn"t great tho. so my first phone came aboutlast year. I use to scan about looking at everyone's phone on way home on tube to see which was most popular. I thought iphone would be up there but it was evens with sony samsung htc really. anyways I went for samsungs3 and ive never looked back. its so much easier to use.. muxch more user friendly and easy to find chargers charged
    samsung s3,

Doesn't seem to help you much with your typing. Or are capital letters not important to Samsung users?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

murpho999 wrote: »
    Is it just me but are Vodafone plans and prices just off the wall.

An Iphone 6 on the middle tarrif would work out over €1500 for 2 years. Crazy

One of the vodafone plans (the expensive one) allows you to upgrade every year, even though it's a 2 year contract. So there's that..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭mailforkev

This seems to be the first iPhone that isn't free on any package from any network here. Prices are way higher than previous years considering Apple still charge pretty much the same as before.

I got the 3 upgrade offers earlier too, a whole 10 euro saving over their regular prices. Wonderful brand loyalty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

BDJW wrote: »
    I had a look at plans today and I'm torn now. I REALLY don't want to sign up for a 24 month contract. I'd happily sign up to a 12 month contract and pay a bigger premium for the phone, but nobody does them anymore :mad: The Meteor 35 quid a month sim only plan looks good (4G, unlimited calls & texts, 15GB) and looks to be the way to go. But then I would have to fork out 800 (minus what I get for my iPhone 5), so I don't know what to do :confused:

This is the way to go I bought 128gb 6plus and the 4G mega sim plan with meteor 30 day contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

mailforkev wrote: »
    This seems to be the first iPhone that isn't free on any package from any network here. Prices are way higher than previous years considering Apple still charge pretty much the same as before.

I got the 3 upgrade offers earlier too, a whole 10 euro saving over their regular prices. Wonderful brand loyalty.

I have never seen an iPhone offered for free on launch day maybe in a few months but not straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭mailforkev

I have never seen an iPhone offered for free on launch day maybe in a few months but not straight away.

Maybe my mistake, I thought the cheapest one was always "From €0" if you had it on some ridiculous €100 a month Vodafone or O2 24 month contract.

Either way the contract purchase prices are considerably higher.

I'm still probably going to upgrade, but from Apple direct this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

The 6+ is 429 on the 40p/m plan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭JoeA3

While it's expensive, I don't understand why some of you think the Network prices are "huge money"... overall, it can actually work out a little cheaper than going to Apple directly.

For example, in my case I am currently on a €25 p/m SIM only plan.

With a new Vodafone contract:
    iPhone 6 64GB - €350 upfront +€40 p/m * 24 months = total cost €1310

SIM Free from Apple:
    iPhone 6 64GB - €799 upfront + €25 p/m * 24 months (stay with my current SIM only plan) = €1399.

So, contract actually looks cheaper in this example and the Vodafone plan gives me more data and minutes than I have right now, although obviously I would be stuck with Vodafone for the 2 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

And you wouldn't be able to swap out the sim if abroad or sell off the phone as easily if needs be. Some people I know are on €15 a month sim only deals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Jofspring wrote: »
    And you wouldn't be able to swap out the sim if abroad or sell off the phone as easily if needs be. Some people I know are on €15 a month sim only deals.

I got my phone unlocked by Vodafone 2 days after I got my iPhone 5S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Jofspring wrote: »

I know that, but in the 2 years I've had the SIM free iPhone 5, I've never removed the SIM or changed plans. Mainly down to laziness / could not be arsed, so for me, having a contract would not change things for me much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

JoeA3 wrote: »
    I know that, but in the 2 years I've had the SIM free iPhone 5, I've never removed the SIM or changed plans. Mainly down to laziness / could not be arsed, so for me, having a contract would not change things for me much.

Don't think I've ever, in 4 years, removed a sim, unless it's into an upgrade!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

dulpit wrote: »
    One of the vodafone plans (the expensive one) allows you to upgrade every year, even though it's a 2 year contract. So there's that..

Or pay another €10/month on the mid-range plan for the same.
    It's a silly/expensive option though; you can upgrade every year but -not so little detail- you have to hand in your current handset. You can keep it if you wish at a price (think it was around €250 for iPhone 5).
    Also I had this option, one year passed;
    Me: I'll have the 5s please!
    VF: sure here's a 16GB 5s
    Me: but I have a 32gb 5 (I have to hand back, or pay €250)
    VF: 16gb 5s is what u get, the 32gb 5s will be another €100.
    Me: so if I go 16 to 16 is free, but if you paid €100/€200 more for the bigger memory you can keep paying that every year to you get your "free" upgrade, even though VF still wants the more expensive phone back?
    VF: yes
    Me: no thanks, lower my plan please...

So definitely don't go for this if you choose anything but the 16gb model...

Edit/found the discussion I had with VF about this policy (and it was €269 to keep the phone):
    http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057069807

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

tommy100 wrote: »
    samsung s3,

As a wise man once said… nope.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

flyguy wrote: »
    It's a silly/expensive option though; you can upgrade every year but -not so little detail- you have to hand in your current handset. You can keep it if you wish at a price (think it was around €250 for iPhone 5).
    Well that's a gamechanger.

Upgrade opportunity every year seemed almost a no-brainer - but if you have to hand back your old phone? Not a kechanski. I can strike that one off the list of options I put together this afternoon!

Looking at contract v sim only I've found no real advantage.

Circa €1,560 with VF all you use 4G plan, vs €1,520 Meteor €30 pm sim + €800 Apple option. I'm sceptical of Meteors coverage and really use the VF to VF calls (and more importantly - my missis does when calling me).

Advertisement