Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Songs of Innocence

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Jools? it's on tomorrow night on BBC.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Thought they did a great job on the late late

• Registered Users Posts: 18,027 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Unbelievable performance.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I think what gets up a lot of U2 haters noses, is that the lads are actually really likeable, and still have a lot of humility/ordinary vibe about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Irish people are notorious for being begrudging about successful Irish people. When U2 are gone, people will be hailing them as having put Ireland on the map musically around the world. Its always the way.

• Advertisement

California sounds like a different beast on Jools. It's almost rock, in a direct way U2 never tried before

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Has the Album been released in the US yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,692 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Haven't heard the album yet, but seen them a couple of times in the last week, on LLS and Graham Norton, and to be honest the songs sound good so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Yes it went in to the US charts at number 9.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Its weird,the more i see them play the new stuff live the more i like SOI.
    Love or hate them U2 are simply fantastic live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,692 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Watching them on the LLS and GN Show, I have to say that for all the stick Bono gets, he comes across as a decent spud. Same with rest of the band, although there's not much craic outta Larry Mullan or Adam Clayton, they seem happy to shun the limelight.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,914 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

The sea has been overused as a metaphor for everything.

But Every Breaking Wave is just a stunning song.

They just pull it out of the bag with a great song every few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Achtung Maybe

One of U2's finest songs in some time, particularly the acoustic version (on the S.O.I cd)

The Troubles is probably my favourite track on the album but Every Breaking Wave is superb also

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Bono has been working for the IDA over the past few years apparently, to bring investment to Ireland.

http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2014/1030/655819-u2-claim-they-worked-for-ida-during-recession/

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

Did anyone see them on the Late Late last week? I have to say they came across really well. Wasn't mad about the album the first few times I listened to it, but the more I've heard them talk about where it, the more I get it. It's really growing on me!

People love to hate Bono and he used to get on my nerves too (especially when going off on mad political rants during gigs and the like) but having seen him on various shows over the past few weeks, I think he's actually not so bad! Doesn't come across at all like the arsehole people make him out to be.

Best of luck to them with it anyway, hope they play the O2 (Or EP?!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Sheog wrote: »
    Did anyone see them on the Late Late last week? I have to say they came across really well. Wasn't mad about the album the first few times I listened to it, but the more I've heard them talk about where it, the more I get it. It's really growing on me!

People love to hate Bono and he used to get on my nerves too (especially when going off on mad political rants during gigs and the like) but having seen him on various shows over the past few weeks, I think he's actually not so bad! Doesn't come across at all like the arsehole people make him out to be.

Best of luck to them with it anyway, hope they play the O2 (Or EP?!)

O2 maybe, can't see U2 play EP as they are too big for it.

Yeah Bono gets too much grief, he's a little annoying at times but otherwise he seems genuine enough compared to a lot of other big stars out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Wasn't sure about the new album at first but I am really liking it now after a few listens. Would really like to see the band at a smaller venue, seen them on the last tour at Croke Park and didn't think it was great unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,027 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Would love if u2 played an acoustic gig.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭weadick

Who got tickets to see them in 2015?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

weadick wrote: »
    Who got tickets to see them in 2015?

picked up a couple the other day in the pre-sale for the O2 in London. Standing was gone so had to make do with seats! £102 each :eek:

twas a bit crap really though cause you can only buy 2 then your allocation is gone, so no pre-sale chance for me when they announce their Dublin shows.

the other thing is, I'm going to a Friday night show, so from what they are telling us, the Thursday show will be completely different. If the allocation had of allowed I would definitely have bought tickets to go to both shows. I couldn't get them in general sale, now only VIP packages available for £800+++.... but I don't think so!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Stacksey

Seve OB wrote: »
    picked up a couple the other day in the pre-sale for the O2 in London. Standing was gone so had to make do with seats! £102 each :eek:

twas a bit crap really though cause you can only buy 2 then your allocation is gone, so no pre-sale chance for me when they announce their Dublin shows.

the other thing is, I'm going to a Friday night show, so from what they are telling us, the Thursday show will be completely different. If the allocation had of allowed I would definitely have bought tickets to go to both shows. I couldn't get them in general sale, now only VIP packages available for £800+++.... but I don't think so!:rolleyes:

Got 2 of the £102 tickets as well which are level 4 in the O2 but from what I hear the sound is excellent in that venue so not nothing like croke park in the last tour where people at the back could barely hear a thing

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Achtung Maybe

got 3 for London at £100 a pop. Saving my presale code for when the Dublin gigs are announced next year

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭weadick

Seve OB wrote: »

Ya it's a bit annoying alright. I remember being allowed to buy six for Vertigo. I think when they play stadiums in 2016 we will be able to purchase four.

I got the same tickets as you but for the 25th. It will be interesting to see the difference in the two shows. I just can not see U2 doing a totally accoustic set...it just wouldn't work. Hopefully I will be able to get tickets to the Dublin show and see both sets anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Couldn't be arsed seeing them. Thought the Vertigo show was a bit poor and I didn't bother going to 360. There's only so many times you can see the same gig. Popmart won't be beaten. :-)

Couldn't be arsed seeing them. Thought the Vertigo show was a bit poor and I didn't bother going to 360. There's only so many times you can see the same gig. Popmart won't be beaten. :-)

Popmart???

how can it be the same gig, every one of them have been unbelievably unique!

For me it was Zooropa in the RDS, I was only 16 and it was the first (proper) concert I ever went to, still have a **** load of the Zoo dollars as we were up in the pit at the front (the pit was a new concept back then i do believe)

Got 2 standing tickets for Amsterdam's 3rd night. €90 each if you take into account the membership I needed to get the pre-sale, so not cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

£100 to see them in London, thats f*cking outrageous.

MadYaker wrote: »
    £100 to see them in London, thats f*cking outrageous.

Ummm they're the "cheap" seats, all the bottom tier (besides restricted views) are £182.50............:pac:

Ummm they're the "cheap" seats, all the bottom tier (besides restricted views) are £182.50............:pac:

mine are bottom tier and not restricted view for £102

• Advertisement

You were one of the "lucky" ones then. 90% of the bottom tiers I checked were the 182.50 tickets.

Advertisement