Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Songs of Innocence

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭weadick

Why the hell are they gone up so much in price since 360? U2 used to pride themselves on the fact that their concerts were accessible to everyone even in financially difficult times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Livenation...........Paul McGuinness leaving..........Bono's medical bills..........last chance saloon. Whatever the reason, it bloody stinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

weadick wrote: »
    Why the hell are they gone up so much in price since 360? U2 used to pride themselves on the fact that their concerts were accessible to everyone even in financially difficult times.

I paid 32.50 to see them in Croke Park on the 360 tour. The increase in price for this tour is disgusting. How much money does a band like U2 actually need?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,992 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    I paid 32.50 to see them in Croke Park on the 360 tour. The increase in price for this tour is disgusting.

Well U2 will say that they still have some cheap seats for this tour.
    If you can get GAs, you are paying an equivalent price to past tours.
    If you are getting seats, you are in most cases paying considerably more than on past tours.
    Well over half ,and almost two thirds of the seats on this tour are priced at the exhorbitant top rate of £180,200 euro ,$300.
    In alot of venues nose bleed seats are costing 300 dollars as compared with $90 on the Vertigo tour,a threefold increase.

I didnt like it when I heard Guy Oseary was going to be the new manager ,he is a rip off merchant.
    Oseary using ticket selling methods from Madonna tours on u2 tours isn't a guaranteed key to success. She doesn't care if people hate her, whereas U2 can be quite sensitive in this regard.

It will be interesting to see what price they will charge for seats in Dublin ,as there could be alot of bad press if they try to charge 200 euro for seats here.

100-120 euro is the maximum I would ever pay for a gig ,anymore is just extortion.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,027 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Just from a business perspective the entire tour is completely sold out so the organisers will say that they got the pricing correct. Ultimately, u2 are a business and every business seeks to maximize profit, so in theory the management company have done a cracking job.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,992 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Just from a business perspective the entire tour is completely sold out so the organisers will say that they got the pricing correct. Ultimately, u2 are a business and every business seeks to maximize profit, so in theory the management company have done a cracking job.

Its not sold out though ,that's marketing spin.
    There are lots of unsold seats and thousands of tickets are on resale sites .
    In fact lots of tickets on the resale sites appeared as soon as the general sales started as Ticketmaster bought up large tranches of tickets to resell at a markup ,which is even more greed,but not unexpected.
    The real fans have been priced out of the tour .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

The "sold out" signs were very suspicious. London all 4 nights had tickets in EVERY of the £180 sections. I checked the next morning and amazingly these had all been sold.....but a link to corporate packages existed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

New video / "short film" for Every Breaking Wave:

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭weadick

Tried hard to watch that but couldn't. Awful pointless rubbish. What the hell is this?

Advertisement