Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to use Credit Card for Paying lump sum

Options
  • 09-09-2014 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hey all, heading off to a European country in the next couple of weeks, and I'm just mulling over how I will pay for the hotel!
    What I was thinking is to pre-load my Bank of Ireland personal Credit card with the amount and just using it then to pay. Just wondering is this a good thing to do? or has anyone any suggestions! thanks! :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Does your credit card have a limit that can handle the hotel bill? If it does then just pay the hotel using the credit card and settle it when you get home and the bill arrives. There's no interest on purchases if you settle in full by the date indicated on the monthly bill.

If your card doesn't have a limit that will cover the bill, you could preload it with cash but I'm not sure that will satisfy the hotel when it comes to swiping the card when you're checking in.

Advertisement