Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is my efibre order?

Options
  • 09-09-2014 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi,

I have ordered efibre upgrade over a week ago... All I got was was the original mail:

"Your eircom order will be confirmed within 2 working days by email to the email address you have included on your application. Your confirmation email will contain the following important details... etc"

Nothing as yet.

Can somebody help me with the order status?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

andy73 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have ordered efibre upgrade over a week ago... All I got was was the original mail:

"Your eircom order will be confirmed within 2 working days by email to the email address you have included on your application. Your confirmation email will contain the following important details... etc"

Nothing as yet.

Can somebody help me with the order status?

Thanks

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi andy73

Please PM me the name you placed the order in including the installation address and I will look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭andy73

PM sent. Many thanks.

PM sent. Many thanks.
    Thanks andy73

Please leave this with me to investigate and I will be back to you as soon as possible

Al

Thanks Al.

Just had the Vodafone sales rep at my door who promised that he can get me 70 MB (Eircom reported 50MB) at the time I did the order, because they have better modems etc + some discount for the first 6 months...

Can they really get 20 MB more???

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭sw33t_r3v3ng3

Thanks Al.

Just had the Vodafone sales rep at my door who promised that he can get me 70 MB (Eircom reported 50MB) at the time I did the order, because they have better modems etc + some discount for the first 6 months...

You will very rarely get close to the promised speed. As its sold UP TO if you end up getting for example 10mb when you should be getting 70mb there is nothing you can really do about it.
    ISP's can say we never promised 70 we said UP TO 70, there for they aren't technically doing anything wrong. Its just something to be aware of.

• Advertisement

Thanks Al.

Hi andy73

Your order is placed and installation is scheduled for the 18th of September (AM timeframe) You will receive a call or text message confirming this date within the next few days.

I'm unaware of why you were advised 50MB but I can also see your line is qualifying for up to 70MB and this is what will be arranged.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Al, that is great, many thanks.

Hi Al, that is great, many thanks.
    No problem andy73 :)

Al

Have received now the email with the order and installation is for 18th.. great stuff

Have received now the email with the order and installation is for 18th.. great stuff
    Great stuff andy73

Thanks for letting me know

Al

• Advertisement

Hi Alan,

Got fibre, 70 Mb download, 20 Mb upload, me happy working from home (VPN, CITRIX, RDP etc)!
    Son back from school not happy!
    Youtube in HD and game playing (minecraft) seems to la far worse than before.

Any idea ?! :)

Thanks

panic over.. it seems that setting up the MTU to 1492 helped.. Will keep watching..

now, Al if you are online, the guy who installed it said that it is room for more :)can you move me please to  higher profile up to see if stable.

Based on the VDSL status, it can do the max, but maybe the 90 MB profile is safe enough.

Many thanks!

============================================================================
        VDSL Training Status:   Showtime
                        Mode:   VDSL2 Annex B
                VDSL Profile:   Profile 17a
                Traffic Type:   PTM Mode
                 Link Uptime:   0 day: 1 hour: 52 minutes
           VDSL Port Details       Upstream         Downstream
                   Line Rate:     20.477 Mbps       71.678 Mbps
        Actual Net Data Rate:     20.478 Mbps       71.679 Mbps
              Trellis Coding:         ON                ON
                  SNR Margin:       13.8 dB           17.8 dB
                Actual Delay:          0 ms              0 ms
              Transmit Power:        1.7 dBm          13.3 dBm
               Receive Power:      -17.9 dBm          -3.6 dBm
                  Actual INP:       29.0 symbols      30.0 symbols
           Total Attenuation:       19.5 dB           16.9 dB
    Attainable Net Data Rate:     28.972 Mbps      100.336 Mbps
          VDSL Band Status    U0      U1      U2      U3      D1      D2      D3
      Line Attenuation(dB):  5.1    26.6    39.2     N/A    14.2    33.9    51.1  
    Signal Attenuation(dB):  5.1    25.6    38.2     N/A    13.9    33.6    51.1  
            SNR Margin(dB): 15.6    13.8    13.8     N/A    17.3    17.3    17.3  
       Transmit Power(dBm):-13.2   - 3.5   - 0.1     N/A    10.2     7.9     6.8  

panic over.. it seems that setting up the MTU to 1492 helped.. Will keep watching..

now, Al if you are online, the guy who installed it said that it is room for more :)can you move me please to  higher profile up to see if stable.

Based on the VDSL status, it can do the max, but maybe the 90 MB profile is safe enough.

Many thanks!

VDSL Training Status:   Showtime
                        Mode:   VDSL2 Annex B
                VDSL Profile:   Profile 17a
                Traffic Type:   PTM Mode
                 Link Uptime:   0 day: 1 hour: 52 minutes
           VDSL Port Details       Upstream         Downstream
                   Line Rate:     20.477 Mbps       71.678 Mbps
        Actual Net Data Rate:     20.478 Mbps       71.679 Mbps
              Trellis Coding:         ON                ON
                  SNR Margin:       13.8 dB           17.8 dB
                Actual Delay:          0 ms              0 ms
              Transmit Power:        1.7 dBm          13.3 dBm
               Receive Power:      -17.9 dBm          -3.6 dBm
                  Actual INP:       29.0 symbols      30.0 symbols
           Total Attenuation:       19.5 dB           16.9 dB
    Attainable Net Data Rate:     28.972 Mbps      100.336 Mbps
          VDSL Band Status    U0      U1      U2      U3      D1      D2      D3
      Line Attenuation(dB):  5.1    26.6    39.2     N/A    14.2    33.9    51.1  
    Signal Attenuation(dB):  5.1    25.6    38.2     N/A    13.9    33.6    51.1  
            SNR Margin(dB): 15.6    13.8    13.8     N/A    17.3    17.3    17.3  
       Transmit Power(dBm):-13.2   - 3.5   - 0.1     N/A    10.2     7.9     6.8  
    No worries andy73

I'll send a request for this and get back to you as soon as I have more information from technical support.

Thanks
    Al

cheers Al

cheers Al
    Hi andy73

Technical support have got back to me advising that you are on the highest speed currently available at present. They also suggested that as this is a new connection the speeds need to stabilise and advised me to get back to them on Monday and they will double check for any possible improvements.

Thanks
    Al

cheers Al
    Hi andy73

Technical support have got back to me advising that you are on the highest speed currently available at present. They also suggested that as this is a new connection the speeds need to stabilise and advised me to get back to them on Monday and they will double check for any possible improvements.

Thanks
    Al
    that is fair enough, no problem, many thanks for looking into his!

Advertisement