Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone Know what all the mostly Yellow bees painted all around Rathmines are for

Options
  • 10-09-2014 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

There are a large number of images of bees around Rathmines I think they are quite cute my grand kids love them and really liked the blue one but do they have a significance?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It mean the local taggers have found something cute and vaguely artistic to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭neckedit

trying to be a bit Banksy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Local lads just buzzing around

Ill get me coat

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Local lads just buzzing around

Ill get me coat

And shut the door bee-hind you!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,289 ✭✭✭✭Esel

The bizzies look the image of bees if you've had a skinful, but not just in Rathmines.

Are they narrow-waisted (-minded)? Big, hairy bottom half? Eyes that seem to be looking at you no matter where you are? Hard to wave away? Follow you for no apparent reason? Attracted to brightly coloured things? Have a hive mind? Like ice cream and sweet things? Always in the same place? Seem to be stuck to the wall? Usually move very slowly, but can fly at times?

Yeah, probably bees, then.

The blue one could be of higher rank, close to retirement. The current queen is only on probation. Beekeeper is rumoured to be considering a foreign queen, but the worker bees might not be happy in this eventuality. A few puffs of smoke (no daggers or mirrors will be deployed), and peace will be restored. The dancing around in circles will continue. Allowances will have to be made.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
Advertisement