Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Cow Directions

Options
  • 10-09-2014 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

sorry again to resurrect an old thread, wondering what is the situation now re getting to the Red Cow park and Ride if I am coming in from limerick in my car, there were roadworks going on there in July when we went to the airport.

and then how would I get into Stephens green, does the Red Line Luas go from Red Cow to Stephens green, and if so what is the stop called, thanks very much in advance, boards.ie is the bizz for this kind of info!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Split from Zombie thread & moved to Dublin City.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

As you're coming close to Newlands cross, just keep in the left lane, it's all very well signposted in fairness to them.

Left all the way anyway. Not sure about the luas question!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,380 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

This is a very useful site for finding your way around Dublin City by public transport... should be able to answer the 2nd part of your question:
    http://hittheroad.ie

If you're accessing it from Limerick best not to share your location...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Luas don't go to Stephens Green

Get off at Abbey Street and walk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

stevieob wrote: »
    Luas don't go to Stephens Green

Get off at Abbey Street and walk

Or get off at Heuston and get the bus.

OP the green luas line goes to the Green but the red one doesn't. At the moment there is no inter connector between the lines

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭duckling10

Thanks to all for the replies, very helpful, getting sorted now.

Hi,
    my last trip to Dublin went so well I'm going again! This time to the Knitting and Stitching Show in RDS on the Thurs before Halloween.

I'll be getting the bus from Limerick to Dublin, it stops at D'Olier street, at about 10.30am.
    What is best way to get to RDS Simmonscourt from D'Olier street, please?
    the website hittheroad.ie is excellent, it suggests getting either the DART from Tara St to Sandymount and walking,
    or walking to O'Connell st and getting bus 4, 7, or 8 to Merrion Road, and then walking from there.
    Would it be better to go with the bus, less waiting times maybe?
    also how does one buy bus or Dart tickets these days, do I have to prepay in some way and where would i do that?
    Thanks in advance
    d

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

If the bus from Limerick stops at D'Olier St, get the bus. When you get off the bus, walk back towards O'Connell Bridge. The Dublin Bus stops for the 4, 7 & 8 are all on O'Connell Bridge. Get off at Merrion Rd and the RDS is right there. Don't bother getting the DART, as the bus will take you door to door.

You can pay the driver on the bus. Have coins ready, as no chance is given. If you don't have the exact change, you will be given a voucher to redeem your change at the Dublin Bus office on O'Connell St.

If you think that you will be getting a lot of buses, trams and trains when you are in Dublin, it may be worth your while to invest in a LEAP card. It costs 5 euros to get the card (you can buy them at any newsagent or train station) and you then load it up as you go. You get discounts of 13%-17% off the quoted fares, if you travel with the LEAP card, but its probably not worth your while if you are just going to the RDS and back.

If you do get the LEAP card, you scan it on the reader as you enter/exit DART & LUAS trains & the cost of your journey is deducted from your balance. If you are getting the bus, you scan at the drivers machine, tell the driver where you are going & he deducts the balance from your card.

Thanks for the great reply, that's exactly what I needed to know , thank you.

Advertisement