Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MORTGAGE ADVICE NEEDED!!!

Options
  • 10-09-2014 7:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi my fiance and I are applying for a 230k mortgage for a New House Build. My fiance has a bad credit rating that will clear in 2016 with icb. We are getting married in March.
    Can I get a mortgage on my own if we will still be drawing down stages of the mortgage after we are married? Or is there a way to apply jointly without my fiance's credit history being a factor? Incidentally we are on a combined wage of €99,000, with a sizable deposit built up which will by the site and still have cash for deposit, and my fiance has paid off all debts in full. I have already been approved for a mortgage as a single applicant.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭SBarrett

Your finance will not get a mortgage while she has a bad credit rating. If you have already been approved by yourself, get it yourself. Make sure that she gets life cover as well. Just because you will be on the mortgage, you also want to make sure you are cover should something happen her.

Steven

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

If you have been approved and really want the mortgage then get it yourself and follow the advice given above. Bringing in an applicant with a bad ICB will decline a joint mortgage and would negate your sole application.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 westsawake

Thanks for the quick responses. If I am approved on my own and draw down the first payment in February What happens in march when we get married. Do I tell the bank then I'm married. Do I have to tell them at all

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭SBarrett

Unless you're sending them an invite to come to the wedding, they don't need you're getting married at all.

Steven

Advertisement