Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky TV: 50% Off Voucher Towards 12-Month Package With Optional Sports and Movies Add

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Let the games begin.

Just off the phone with Sky they have billed me €51.75 for the 1st month and are demanding €41.75 is paid being package less €10 deposit and .75c cc fees. I'm not having it. Also have an issue with the installer who drilled 3 holes in my wall one to anchor his ladder, one for the cable which I authorised and 1 over a window board which I only discovered when he had left. I'll be standing my ground against these guys!

Edit:
    SKY have been back and have agreed to only charge the €5 for this month. I have also pushed them not to charge the 0.75c cc fee we will see what happens in 2 weeks time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

I've been on the "Friends and Family" discount offer from Sky for the last 12 months. This month by bill jumped from 47 euro to 94 euro withou notification from Sky.

I know i know, it was a 12 month offer yada yada yada, but they send you an email every day for new shows, least they could notify you that your bill is going to double! Anyway, I called upto cancel today and 3rd November is my cancellation date.

Can my wife sign up for 12 month discount now as a new customer? Has anyone tried this?

I have UPC broadband so i'm fully intending on moving to UPC unless I can get a discount from Sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Let the games begin.

Just off the phone with Sky they have billed me €51.75 for the 1st month and are demanding €41.75 is paid being package less €10 deposit and .75c cc fees. I'm not having it. Also have an issue with the installer who drilled 3 holes in my wall one to anchor his ladder, one for the cable which I authorised and 1 over a window board which I only discovered when he had left. I'll be standing my ground against these guys!

Was this through the Groupon or Car Phone Warehouse offer?

Through the CPW deal. Still have a spare groupon if anybody needs it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

My installation was done yesterday. Today I took out the new box because these new boxes are a disaster no rf out for magic eyes that I have to all my bedrooms. I called sky to complain waste time but they paired my card to the old box instead of the new one. I asked was there any reduced price offer for my spare new box to be added as a multiroom he checked and said no. The extra box would be €15 plus a new sewerage contract would have to be done. I was wondering if I'm contemplating a multiroom sub I might be better off to instigate it now as if I did it in six months time they will nab me for a longer contract and also nab me for the highest non reduced prices

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

IrishHomer wrote: »
    The extra box would be €15 plus a new sewerage contract would have to be done
    I knew Sky were sh1t but that's bringing it to a new level ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Let the games begin.

Edit:
    SKY have been back and have agreed to only charge the €5 for this month. I have also pushed them not to charge the 0.75c cc fee we will see what happens in 2 weeks time.
    Did they even acknowledge that you're on the 15 euro PM contract with them?

W

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Did anyone who cancelled their order get the 10 euro refunded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

Any offers on multi room. Might get multi room but can I get it for any cheaper.

• Advertisement

kala85 wrote: »
    Any offers on multi room. Might get multi room but can I get it for any cheaper.

For me they offered the same price per box i.e 15 euro but still had to pay the multi room extra per room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭bored_stupid

Just a heads up my sub is up on saturday in my name was planning to cancel untill i seen this offer, i went to Carphone Warehouse Store in Charlestown Shopping Centre today and they only do upc there ,but there is a sky outlet there so i ask him could he match the carphone offer he made a phone call then said yes , fantastic ,sign up herself for sports & movies ,HD, and multi room 57 euro bargain sorted for the winter months getting installed on friday regards bored_stupid

Just a heads up my sub is up on saturday in my name was planning to cancel untill i seen this offer, i went to Carphone Warehouse Store in Charlestown Shopping Centre today and they only do upc there ,but there is a sky outlet there so i ask him could he match the carphone offer he made a phone call then said yes , fantastic ,sign up herself for sports & movies ,HD, and multi room 57 euro bargain sorted for the winter months getting installed on friday regards bored_stupid

CPW do the same in Tallaght, its mind boggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭bikerboy_ie

Let the games begin.

Edit:

Have just had an email from Sky with my first months bull. Have also been charged €51 and no €10 back either when I checked my bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 twitpants

Through the CPW deal. Still have a spare groupon if anybody needs it!
    I'll take the groupon voucher off ya if you still have it. How much was it again?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

I've my 1st bill sat to come at €87 for first month . if they don't sort it to correct it to what it should be (€35), I'll be cancelling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Have a spare groupon voucher if anyone wants it. PM me. €9 which will come off your first bill

• Registered Users Posts: 36 twitpants

Slunk wrote: »
    Have a spare groupon voucher if anyone wants it. PM me. €9 which will come off your first bill

I'll take that voucher off you Slunk if you still have it

twitpants wrote: »
    I'll take the groupon voucher off ya if you still have it. How much was it again?

Thanks

Hi it was €9 send me a pm if you still need it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I'll take a groupon voucher if anyone is offering it :) Just PM me! Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

fuerte1976 wrote: »
    I've my 1st bill sat to come at €87 for first month . if they don't sort it to correct it to what it should be (€35), I'll be cancelling.

Give them a ring and they will sort it out. Happened to me and they were very good about sorting it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pinkman

Just called CPW and the Sky offer has been extended until 12th Oct!

Is this just the half price Sky Sports offer or is the Variety bundle for €15 pm offer also extended until the 12th of Oct? Cheers.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,975 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Pinkman wrote: »
    Is this just the half price Sky Sports offer or is the Variety bundle for €15 pm offer also extended until the 12th of Oct? Cheers.;)

Lucky guess here but he called Carphone Warehouse so probably that offer...

Any who cancelled the order you need to ring to get a refund :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

A few people who I recommended take the carphone warehouse offer all appear to be being charged 51 EUR on their first bill. Is anyone else seeing the same? I better give SKY a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭murphf

A few people who I recommended take the carphone warehouse offer all appear to be being charged 51 EUR on their first bill. Is anyone else seeing the same? I better give SKY a call.

My letter quoting the bill was right.; €30 for variety pack and multiroom ., didn't mention the €10 deposit refunded though so will see when it comes!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭SMI

I've just had the same issue, charging me €15 for the HD pack + standard charge of €36 for the variety, so total bill comes to €41.
    Having read back through this thread before I signed up, I was aware that this had occurred with a few of the new customers so I mentioned it to the guys in CPW after signing up. They said to get in touch with and they would sort it, think I'll pop into them first before I start dealing directly with sky.
    Unwelcome but minor inconvenience all things considered, it really is great value when you factor in the on-demand stuff that you have access to. There's a lot more boxsets that I'd give a watch than I previously thought they had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭bren2001

Anyone confirm that the CPW deal has been extended to the 12th? Only been mentioned once in the thread that is has. Don't want to make the drive in to discover it is finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭silverwood

I've a 50% off groupon voucher that I don't need if anybody wants it. It expires tomorrow. it's €9 but you get that back in your first bill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭tommycahir

bren2001 wrote: »
    Anyone confirm that the CPW deal has been extended to the 12th? Only been mentioned once in the thread that is has. Don't want to make the drive in to discover it is finished.

I was in the Carlow CPW store on Saturday and they confirmed that it was ongoing until 12th.

tommycahir wrote: »
    I was in the Carlow CPW store on Saturday and they confirmed that it was ongoing until 12th.

Does anybody know can I sign up for this deal in a Dublin store (I'm on business) for install at my home in Limerick?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Sneachta

I have a voucher, €9 euro to whoever wants it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭campo

also have the 9e groupon voucher for anyone that wants it

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭MLC_biker

Sneachta wrote: »
    I have a voucher, €9 euro to whoever wants it.

I'll have it please, how to do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Sneachta

MLC_biker wrote: »
    I'll have it please, how to do it?
    Pm your email will send it on

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭MLC_biker

Sneachta wrote: »
    Pm your email will send it on

Pm sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭SteM

Does anybody know can I sign up for this deal in a Dublin store (I'm on business) for install at my home in Limerick?

Don't see why not. I signed up for a Wicklow install in a Dublin store.

Yeah, same here. Rang them yesterday and they credited my account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭Stiro05

Happened to me too. I called sky on sunday and they said the cpw offer was pending on my account and they would contact me when it was sorted. They called me yesterday to confirm that the bill is amended and will be €15 per month from now on. Cannot fault their customer service.

Ps I have found a way of calling sky for free. If you go to golden pages and search "sky" you will see a button to call for free. All you do is put in your number and your phone will ring. Answer as normal you will be connected to skys automated service.

SteM wrote: »
    Don't see why not. I signed up for a Wicklow install in a Dublin store.

Wicklow is a bit closer to Dublin though... I don't know many people commuting from Limerick to Dublin on a daily basis! Still I'll pop into liffey valley today and check it out, if they can they can, if they can't they can't!

Anybody know what documents they need? Proof of address might be tricky as we only moved in last weekend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 bdeal

anyone still have a group on voucher. I am interested.

Wicklow is a bit closer to Dublin though... I don't know many people commuting from Limerick to Dublin on a daily basis! Still I'll pop into liffey valley today and check it out, if they can they can, if they can't they can't!

Anybody know what documents they need? Proof of address might be tricky as we only moved in last weekend!

Doesn’t matter - the shop don't do the install or have anything to do with the install. All the shop do is call Sky for you, hand you the phone and you arrange all of the installation details directly with Sky.

Don't know what commuting anywhere has to do with anything, you brought that up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Berberis

You don't need to call into a CPW store.
    Just ring sky direct and say you seen the offer while out shopping yesterday and do you have to go back to the shop to sign up or will sky do it for you there and then.
    Thats what I did and they signed me up pronto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Heads up! When phoning their rotten 0818 number, tell them you're short of credit or something and they will ring you back. Not mentioned on their website but a rep told me it was unofficial policy as I ranted about their so called lo call number when activating the groupon today.

Don't know what commuting anywhere has to do with anything, you brought that up.

Signing up for sky in a Dublin store for a Wicklow house would be a bit more common than a Limerick one as people tend to commute from Wicklow to Dublin, that was the point I was making!

Signing up for sky in a Dublin store for a Wicklow house would be a bit more common than a Limerick one as people tend to commute from Wicklow to Dublin, that was the point I was making!

As the shop has nothing to do with the install is a moot point.

• Advertisement

Figured as much, I was only making sure, thank you for the help guys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Berberis

Figured as much, I was only making sure, thank you for the help guys!

You pair have taken over 40 seconds of my life and I want them BACK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Is the carphone warehouse deal extended until the 12th? And do u need to ask for anything in particular when u go in or is it properly advertised in the shops? Sorry if these questions have been answered before

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Is the carphone warehouse deal extended until the 12th? And do u need to ask for anything in particular when u go in or is it properly advertised in the shops? Sorry if these questions have been answered before

Got it earlier today so it must be running for a while longer at least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭bren2001

Got it this morning in Clerys CPW. Girl in the shop didn't know much about it, sky were not great help on the phone. Only got it when I showed her the sheet attached earlier in the thread. She had no idea when it was over.

• Advertisement
Advertisement