Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky TV: 50% Off Voucher Towards 12-Month Package With Optional Sports and Movies Add

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,975 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

bren2001 wrote: »
    Got it this morning in Clerys CPW. Girl in the shop didn't know much about it, sky were not great help on the phone. Only got it when I showed her the sheet attached earlier in the thread. She had no idea when it was over.

The young lady in CPW was also slightly confused when I went in, I simply asked her "what's the best deal on sky you can give me?" And she pulled out the leaflet attached to this post, she didn't realise hd was part of the deal until the guy on the phone at sky said it to her

Also be prepared to be on hold to sky for ages!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Just wanted to post my thanks to the poster who shared the CPW deal. GOt it 2 weeks ago and was installed last monday. Aside from the billing issue, where they chanced their arm in billing the full amount, everything ran smoothly and the deal is an unbelievable price.

W

• Registered Users Posts: 11 bdeal

The guys in CPW don't seem to know much about this offer. I called Drogheda who said it was over today and the Navan store said it is on til the end of this month. I availed of it a few days ago and the staff are clueless to the offer. I mentioned it about the first bill while talking to Sky and she said it is a glitch in their system and if I get billed incorrectly for the first month simply call and they will amend it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Berberis

Got mine installed this morning. Lads did a great job, in and out of the house in 35 minutes.
    Got a text around tea time from sky saying my 1st bill would be taken after 25/10 and would be €51.
    Got them to ring me using the golden pages trick and the operator siad she could see that there was an error and would put in a resolution form for me and it should be sorted within 2 working days. If I ring back wednesday I can check to make sure its corrected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

You can view your account and billing online and on phone/tablet app "mysky"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭P_Cash

bdeal wrote: »
    The guys in CPW don't seem to know much about this offer. I called Drogheda who said it was over today and the Navan store said it is on til the end of this month. I availed of it a few days ago and the staff are clueless to the offer. I mentioned it about the first bill while talking to Sky and she said it is a glitch in their system and if I get billed incorrectly for the first month simply call and they will amend it.

Walked in to Castlebar cpw, and signed up no problem.

Offer ends this evening i was told

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭united2k11

so no more sky half price deals left?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    Just wanted to post my thanks to the poster who shared the CPW deal. GOt it 2 weeks ago and was installed last monday. Aside from the billing issue, where they chanced their arm in billing the full amount, everything ran smoothly and the deal is an unbelievable price.

W

Nobody was chancing their arm, its a simple technical error

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Nobody was chancing their arm, its a simple technical error
    Technical error it may have been but they weren't exactly cooperative when it came to correcting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 cavanman..

What is the golden pages trick please?

Berberis wrote: »
    Got mine installed this morning. Lads did a great job, in and out of the house in 35 minutes.
    Got a text around tea time from sky saying my 1st bill would be taken after 25/10 and would be €51.
    Got them to ring me using the golden pages trick and the operator siad she could see that there was an error and would put in a resolution form for me and it should be sorted within 2 working days. If I ring back wednesday I can check to make sure its corrected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭SMI

cavanman.. wrote: »

Yes, I'm also curious!

cavanman.. wrote: »

Go to this golden pages link.
    You will be brought to the golden pages info on sky.
    There are then entries for
    Sky nationwide
    Sky property management ltd
    sky conway etc

Then hover the cursor over the blue sky and "More Info" beside the Sky Nationwide picture and then on the right hand side of the page an option for you to request them to call you appears and you just enter your phone number and they ring you back within seconds. You still have to go through the old rigmarole of pressing 1 for this and 2 for that etc, but at least its free:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭Soarer

Berberis wrote: »
    Go to this golden pages link.
    You will be brought to the golden pages info on sky.
    There are then entries for
    Sky nationwide
    Sky property management ltd
    sky conway etc

Then hover the cursor over the blue sky and "More Info" beside the Sky Nationwide picture and then on the right hand side of the page an option for you to request them to call you appears and you just enter your phone number and they ring you back within seconds. You still have to go through the old rigmarole of pressing 1 for this and 2 for that etc, but at least its free:)

Good to know.

Quoting in case your post is removed for any reason. ;)

Soarer wrote: »
    Good to know.

Quoting in case your post is removed for any reason. ;)

Yep its a handy one.
    Someone else posted it up recently, Can't remember where though.
    Might have been on the satelite forum. I have been on so many sites recently, its hard to remember

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭murphf

Cheers for the phone link guys, its quick! My bill came in as €76.60! Even with two months should have been for €50 (multiroom 15 and variety 15 less 10 deposit paid) but the girl has credited my account - actually why is it two months to begin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

my bill has come in at €38 which includes the €10 deposit but no sign of the €9 groupon credit?

Grawns wrote: »
    my bill has come in at €38 which includes the €10 deposit but no sign of the €9 groupon credit?

It's one or the other AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

murphf wrote: »
    Cheers for the phone link guys, its quick! My bill came in as €76.60! Even with two months should have been for €50 (multiroom 15 and variety 15 less 10 deposit paid) but the girl has credited my account - actually why is it two months to begin?

The current month is pro rata & a full bill for November. You pay in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

before I was disconnected end of September I rang up a couple of times and each time told I had exhausted all my discounts because I was on 1/2 price for so long.Rep told me they saved me over €2k bla bla bla in the last couple years .3 weeks on I got an email today come back to Sky for 1/2 price for 9 months.Not going to take it up .Freesat for me will do fine.

• Advertisement

It's one or the other AFAIK.

Not according to the original deal - says €9 refunded in first bill Link

I thought I should be refunded €19

Grawns wrote: »
    Not according to the original deal - says €9 refunded in first bill Link

I thought I should be refunded €19

If you went through Groupon, you get €9 back in your first bill.
    If you went through Carphone Warehouse, you pay €10 in the shop and get that refunded in your first bill.

You can't order through both Groupon and CPW.

If you went through Groupon, you get €9 back in your first bill.
    If you went through Carphone Warehouse, you pay €10 in the shop and get that refunded in your first bill.

You can't order through both Groupon and CPW.

They asked me for €10 booking deposit when i phoned on the groupon deal. Nothing to with carphone warehouse

Just looking at my sky .. Someone mentioned that there was a free months sky movies in there .. Just says to call them .. Anyone get that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Just looking at my sky .. Someone mentioned that there was a free months sky movies in there .. Just says to call them .. Anyone get that?
    Just had a look there but havent got that offer. It's showing as €4.50 a month for me but that would be the usual half price figure seeing as I currently have half price sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

I got a text the day after installation about my bill. I received all paperwork later. I still can't work out it though.
    I got the groupon offer and opted for variety with sports and HD for €43.50 per month.
    I also had to pay a €10 deposit(0.75c fee using debit card) which would come off my bill.
    My bill is €35.25 and it's shows the credit of €19 plus it's says my payment date will be changed.
    I worked out it should be €25.25, I knew things would go haywire and I've no idea why the payment date has changed either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭psychozeb

CPW deal is still avilable but girl in shop said it would probably be ending soon. had rang sky and tried to get them to match the deal but they refused about two weeks ago so got herself to sign up yesterday for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

Any one on the 33euro CPW deal add movies to the package after ? was thinking of getting them for december , but seen on mysky it will cost 28 euro or something is this right ?

toonarmy1 wrote: »
    Any one on the 33euro CPW deal add movies to the package after ? was thinking of getting them for december , but seen on mysky it will cost 28 euro or something is this right ?

Would be interested in this too.. Someone on here said they had a free month when they went into 'my sky' but mine just says 'call us for latest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

generally sky's system removes existing offer (current cpw half price) while adding a new offer (free movies). so please check with a customer care when you do this. just a caution note.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

Was told end of the month on Sunday in car phone warehouse Patrick St Cork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,382 ✭✭✭Tefral

Im just after coming out of Carphone Warehouse in Limerick and this is what they gave me. Its valid until the end of November.

Variety + Movies =32 a month
    Variety + Sports = 36 a month
    Variety + Movies and Sports €40.50 a month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

toonarmy1 wrote: »
    If you're paying €33 a month then I assume you have the variety pack, HD and half price sports. Anyone signing up in the normal fashion with Sky will pay €36 a month extra for the sports pack and to add movies then costs €9 a month. The €28 charge for movies is when you get that pack on it's own without the sports but when you take both there is a substantial discount.

Anyone, like myself for example, who has a discounted rate of 50% on the sports sub can then add the movies for €4.50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

muffler wrote: »
    If you're paying €33 a month then I assume you have the variety pack, HD and half price sports. Anyone signing up in the normal fashion with Sky will pay €36 a month extra for the sports pack and to add movies then costs €9 a month. The €28 charge for movies is when you get that pack on it's own without the sports but when you take both there is a substantial discount.

Anyone, like myself for example, who has a discounted rate of 50% on the sports sub can then add the movies for €4.50.

I am on the half price Variety plus Sports plus HD at €33 per month and I originally signed up I was told by sky rep over the phone that I could not add movies at a later date for half price and that I could only add the movies for half price from the start.

I said no to the movies but I too would have liked them for Christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

anyone thats on the €33 a month variety+HD+sports package have a link or image of the deal? I signed up to the €33 a month deal but have been charged €51 by sky and as usual theyre unhelpful on the phone. any help much appreciated
    cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭bren2001

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    anyone thats on the €33 a month variety+HD+sports package have a link or image of the deal? I signed up to the €33 a month deal but have been charged €51 by sky and as usual theyre unhelpful on the phone. any help much appreciated
    cheers

There is a search function on the thread.....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92168776&postcount=135

Lads I had that letter this week that said my package was going to go up by 2 euros a month in feb! Surely they can't do that if we bought into a deal at a set price?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Lads I had that letter this week that said my package was going to go up by 2 euros a month in feb! Surely they can't do that if we bought into a deal at a set price?!
    You'll be allowed cancel your contract if you want due to a change in the terms I believe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

You'll be allowed cancel your contract if you want due to a change in the terms I believe

check carefully as i believe they may have a clause in the contract for price increases

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭greasepalm

what is the usual cancellation done by phone email and a months notice?

No, not in this case. Sky's T & Cs say they can increase the price once in the first 12 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

No, not in this case. Sky's T & Cs say they can increase the price once in the first 12 months.
    Surely have to be protected some way though in that they couldn't for example put it up 20 quid and have you caught under contract

Surely have to be protected some way though in that they couldn't for example put it up 20 quid and have you caught under contract

In the first 12 months they reserve the right to raise prices up to a max of 10%. If there's any increases after the first 12 months, you can walk after giving the appropriate notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

In the first 12 months they reserve the right to raise prices up to a max of 10%. If there's any increases after the first 12 months, you can walk after giving the appropriate notice.

So technically they can offer you 50% off and put it up 80% within the first year. A bit of an exaggerated example I know, but that "out clause" on the price would put me off any Sky deal.

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    So technically they can offer you 50% off and put it up 80% within the first year. A bit of an exaggerated example I know, but that "out clause" on the price would put me off any Sky deal.

There's no "out clause" in the first 12 months. That is the minimum term.Sky can screw you, but you can't screw Sky.

Is it only people that signed up through CPW are paying this increase, or are all subscribers paying?

Is it only people that signed up through CPW are paying this increase, or are all subscribers paying?

I think its for everyone in Ireland.There's a big thread about the increase on the Talk to.....Sky forum.

I think its for everyone in Ireland.There's a big thread about the increase on the Talk to.....Sky forum.

Could you post the link to this forum please I can't find it!

Could you post the link to this forum please I can't find it!

Here dude.

Robbing barstewards' thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Yep, I got the letter.....and I've been just a regular subscriber for years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

@Soarer did the Sky rep ever answer your query on that thread? I don't see a response.

Advertisement