Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pedicures in Dublin?

Options
  • 10-09-2014 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

Hi all,
    My friend and I were thinking about having a girly day out, and we're wondering if any if ye know of a place where we can get pedicures together at the same time? (or is that just very American?!) Not really looking for a spa, more like a beautituon?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Fifth Avenue on Wicklow St have the big massage chairs and you can sit side by side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭lovelystuff

Tropical popical on south William street have the big chairs too, and the girls are all lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Mink in Donnybrook or Ballsbridge

www.mink.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'm a fan of the Asian-owned, American style pedicure places, plus they're usually cheaper than the Irish places. I go to Lucky Star Nails in Churchtown or JNails at the bottom of Capel Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

dudara wrote: »
    I'm a fan of the Asian-owned, American style pedicure places, plus they're usually cheaper than the Irish places. I go to Lucky Star Nails in Churchtown or JNails at the bottom of Capel Street.

Is Lucky Star any good? I pass it regularly but never been in and I don't know anyone who has been there. Their website is a little odd...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

I rang lucky stars a few weeks ago, left a message and no one rang me back.

What is it like? It's very local to me so would use them if they're good!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Looking to get pedicure for herself.Is fifth avenue good? Do they still have big fancy chairs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Looking to get pedicure for herself.Is fifth avenue good? Do they still have big fancy chairs ?

I like Fifth Avenue. The Fifth Avenue Beauty Emporium feels fancier than the original one though. FABE has more pedicure chairs too I think.

cee_jay wrote: »
    I like Fifth Avenue. The Fifth Avenue Beauty Emporium feels fancier than the original one though. FABE has more pedicure chairs too I think.

Where is that located? She is looking for fancy and luxury. Is there any other places or is fifth avenue the best ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

FABE is located on Clarendon Street. I would say its a bit fancier than the original Fifth Avenue.

Mink in Ballsbridge is supposed to be luxurious - I haven't tried it personally however. If fancy and luxury is the most important aspect, you could also try somewhere like the Shelbourne?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Glitter

I got my wedding mani pedi in Mink a few years ago, it was very nice indeed.

Would also recommend 5th Avenue and Tropical Popical in the City Centre.
    Jnails is absolutely great for a quick file and polish but it's not the glass-of-prosecco, girly afternoon kind of vibe to my mind.

Wherever you pick tell them you want your pedis together at the time of booking and reiterate when you get there. Some of the really big places have so many stations you might end up miles from each other!

Perfect thanks for replies

Advertisement