Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfering a domain to Blacknight - Time remaining on existing registration

Options
  • 10-09-2014 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭

Hi.  I am a current Blacknight customer and although I have many domains hosted with your company I still have a few residing with other registars.  I would like to consolidate them all on to your service and so far my efforts to do this have been quite successful but I do have one question which I have not found the answer to in any of your online resources so I was hoping you could answer this for me.

Some of the domains I have to transfer have 5-10 years still on their current registration.  If I transfer them to your organisation does the remaining time get added to the time I purchase from you?

For example I have mydomain.com that currently is registered with someone else through 2020.  If I transfer that to you would it then be registered until 2021 on your system?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

Hi there,

If you transfer your .com's over to us we will add 12 months to the life of your domain name, you will not loose the remaining time left.

If you need anything else just let us know :)

Niamh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

Thanks!  I'll move them today sure.

CptSternn wrote: »
    Thanks!  I'll move them today sure.
    No problem at all, if you need a hand with anything please feel free to ask :)

Advertisement