Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooley mountain conditions november?

Options
  • 10-09-2014 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Heading back to Ireland for the month of November and i'm thinking of trying out the mountain bike loop of Cooley when i'm back.
    Anybody got any info on how the track is in November?

Here's a link to the track http://www.trailbadger.com/trails/louth/cooley-mountains

Been 3 and a half years since iv been back home and cant not wait!!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭alfman

I was up there last night and the trails are fairly dry at the minute but all it will take is a couple of days of heavy rain for the muck to return. As long as you have the right tyres on the bike you'll be grand whatever the conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

As above, it's variant on conditions at the time. It's been dry up there in November, it's been swampy and it's been snowy.

AAll are perfect once you're prepared. There's a few new downhill routes installed too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

Cheers for the info!
    Yep I suppose with the right clothing and tyres for the conditions, there shouldn't be any problems.
    Been a long time since iv been up that way. I used to mainly ride ravensdale dh track, back when xc wasn't cool!:rolleyes:

Only problem now is if my old bike is still in the mothers shed!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Drop me a PM if you're stuck for company and fancy some XC.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

MugMugs wrote: »
    Drop me a PM if you're stuck for company and fancy some XC.

I will indeed man, thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

Was thinking of headin there on tuesday eve from ravensdale for a couple of hours. Are the trails easy found and followed?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭alfman

To be honest the open mountain trails are not really well marked and you would need someone to show you them for the first time. Alternatively you could just go exploring and see what you can find.

Advertisement