Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Framing in South Dublin

Options
  • 10-09-2014 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

I did a search for this topic but the results were not that great!

I need to get quite a large picture framed soon and I am looking for somewhere that is good at framing but also reasonable. I usually go to appletons in stillorgan but it is quite pricey.

Has anyone tried the framers behind supervalu in churchtown? what is the quality there like? and prices?

Any other suggestions are very welcome, I work in Dundrum so somewhere around there or on the southside at least would be best!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Deadwards.com

I have used the guys in Blackrock village I think they are called in the frame. Found them really good and even offered advice against what I was thinking but worked out better in the end. Cant remember the pricing but I guess sometimes you get what you pay for.

Just forund the link on the googlebox but cannot post yet as considered a newbee!

Their details are:

In the Frame: 49 Main Street Blackrock. 01-2780659

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

I have used Framemakers in Sandyford Industrial Estate a few times and they are good.

Quality framing is not cheap, especially with a big item. Framemakers are reasonable value, for a very good service,
    but it will never be cheap.

http://www.framemakers.ie/address.html

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭greenbicycle

Thanks for the responses.

good to know of a few more places, I would say the one in sandyford would be a bit more convenient to get to for me.

I know that framing will never be cheap especially when you also want quality but I realised that there is some difference in prices for what you get too.

still open to more suggestions if anyone should have any, I havent yet recieved my picture so the window for researching before picking a framer is still open! thanks all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Never used it but there's a framing shop in Rathfarnham at Dodder Park. I think it's called Village Framing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

Have used Gallery23 in Kimmage a good few times, they are very good and friendly with a large selection however they are pricey, that said im not sure how they compare price wise to others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭cobham

I have used the one near Dodder park ... at end of Braemar Road as recommended by art teacher and pleased with advice and work. I sometimes get a ready made frame (Ikea good selection) and for small price will get a mount cut to match a picture to put in frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Highly recommend 360dpi in Dun Laoghaire - http://www.360-dpi.com/frame%20gallery/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Has anyone tried the framers behind supervalu in churchtown? what is the quality there like? and prices?

I called in before to get an appraisal and the frames choice and quality seemed great. Very expensive though so I didn't follow through, I think it's that expensive everywhere though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Sorry to bump this, but will probably use one of the places recommended here. Out of interest, what is even a rough estimate of how much framing a large print would cost? Would be looking for a minimalist black box frame with a plain mount. Print is about 22" x 27". Thanks.

Advertisement