Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation prices in Dublin

Options
  • 10-09-2014 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

Hey.

When I used to work in Dublin I was always able to get accommodation roughly around the 50e or 60e mark. Looking now though, for the next couple of weeks there's nothing for less than 100. Have the prices give up that much, or am I looking on the wrong sites?

Some of the places I used to stay were, Portbello Inn, Jackson Court Hotel, Travelodge Rathmines, etc...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

It's just supply and demand, there's also the all-ireland football final and hurling replay in the next few weeks. Sure we're out of recession now!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

It's just supply and demand, there's also the all-ireland football final and hurling replay in the next few weeks. Sure we're out of recession now!

You might have a point, now that I think of it, it was mostly around winter I was booking,a bit more off season

• Registered Users Posts: 6,833 ✭✭✭Alkers

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Yeah Id agree you used to be able to find rooms near enough to the city centre for 50 or 60 a night but they all seem to have evaporated in the last 6-9 months, prices have gone up in that time. I was reading this morning the average Dublin hotel room is now €91 a night, which is still some 20% below the 2007 average.

Also I've noticed that outside of Dublin the days of hotel bargains for the weekend on the likes of Groupon, Living Social, etc seem to have dried up too. Some hotels still do Sunday to Thursday specials but the days of getting two nights b&b ans an evening meal for two people for €100 or €120 over a Friday-Saturday night seems to be gone now.

Advertisement