Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Belfast run 19th

• 10-09-2014 11:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭

Thinking of heading up to grab a 6/6Plus. Who's decided and going? Maybe we can car pool or something.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

You'd probably need to come up on the 18th! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

You can pick me up and I'll pay :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

I might be interested if my 5s sells on Adverts.

Apparently you'll be able to preorder for collection in store, so no 4AM start this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭JasonRyan

Where did you see the pre-order & collect in store? That would be nice to be able to wander up there at leisure....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

JasonRyan wrote: »
    Where did you see the pre-order & collect in store? That would be nice to be able to wander up there at leisure....

http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/iphone/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Tazium

Pre-order for collection seems interesting, any issue with Irish Credit Card? Link suggest you must have a valid UK card. Point number 1 on the bottom of the page.

Then again, not sure which version I want yet anyway.

Tazium wrote: »
    Pre-order for collection seems interesting, any issue with Irish Credit Card? Link suggest you must have a valid UK card. Point number 1 on the bottom of the page.

Then again, not sure which version I want yet anyway.

That's for people signing up for contracts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I'll definitely be preordering on the 12th for store pickup. If it's anything like the iPhone 4 preorder. Expect to still wait inline for a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

stimpson wrote: »
    I might be interested if my 5s sells on Adverts.

Apparently you'll be able to preorder for collection in store, so no 4AM start this year!

What you hoping to sell your 5s for on Adverts? Ive a 32gb but not sure how much I'd be getting for it.

mad muffin wrote: »
    I'll definitely be preordering on the 12th for store pickup. If it's anything like the iPhone 4 preorder. Expect to still wait inline for a few hours.

Ah it was good craic in the queue last year. Must try and remember the place we went for a fry afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭drumzone

I reckon this is going to be huge. The pre order lines will be jammed. If your going down to queue for one I'd defo go on Thursday eve. Early. I am.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

My wife's 30th is this month so no phone for me until October.

stimpson wrote: »
    Ah it was good craic in the queue last year. Must try and remember the place we went for a fry afterwards.

It definitely was. Still trying to decide what time to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭drumzone

for ages people have been crying out for bigger screened iphones. i think queues will be massive in victoria mall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Tazium

I was using my dad's note3 last night to get a feel for the size and really I think it's massive. I know the Plus is slightly smaller physically but I'll need a hold of it for a while to decide one way or the other. Still undecided but leaning to the 4.7 version. Thinking to reserve one of each so I can take more time to decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mccluska

I would be up for a car pool up to Belfast to collect. Does anyone know if you have to pay the full price of the phone to pre-order? Thanks

mccluska wrote: »
    I would be up for a car pool up to Belfast to collect. Does anyone know if you have to pay the full price of the phone to pre-order? Thanks

When I pre ordered the 4, you just give your details and email address. If you don't collect within the window they give you, it goes back on general sale.

Might be something similar this year. But I Deffo didn't pay until I got to the store.

kceire wrote: »
    When I pre ordered the 4, you just give your details and email address. If you don't collect within the window they give you, it goes back on general sale.

Might be something similar this year. But I Deffo didn't pay until I got to the store.

Perfect thanks for that :)

Looks like thats me heading up early Friday so....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Anyone doing this?
    iPhone Reuse and Recycling Programme

Trade in your old iPhone and get up to £230 for a new one.

What might one expect to get for a brand new 4S?

http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/victoriasquare/

So there is talk that there is no preorder on the 12th for store pick up on the 19th and that preorders open at 8am for us (midnight west coast of USA)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Anyone doing this?

What might one expect to get for a brand new 4S?

€150 odd from the apple website

So there is talk that there is no preorder on the 12th for store pick up on the 19th and that preorders open at 8am for us (midnight west coast of USA)

Here is the UK link for pre order

Here is the UK link for pre order

Yep saw that. Some macrumors uk members have talked to Apple support and we're told no preorder for store pickups. Only delivery.

I suppose we will find out either at midnight tonight, or 8am tomorrow morning.

This says order on the 12th for in store pickup.

Yep saw that. Some macrumors uk members have talked to Apple support and we're told no preorder for store pickups. Only delivery.

I suppose we will find out either at midnight tonight, or 8am tomorrow morning.

That's mad, the apple site says
    or reserve for pickup in store.

That's mad, the apple site says

Is it just me or did they change that on their site?

Looks like it just says "Pre Order from the 12th" now?

On the link stimpson posted it says:

Pre-order from 12 Sept.

Or reserve from 12 Sept. for pickup at an Apple Retail Store.

Just you :p

Still says you can reserve for store pick up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

When pre ordering do they ask for an address or is just name and email and your chosen store?

• Advertisement

When pre ordering do they ask for an address or is just name and email and your chosen store?

Name, email and store for the 4. May be similar for this. But they haven't done a pre order since the 4 so nobody knows for sure yet.

Advertisement