Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Belfast run 19th

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

that's just the 6..not the 6+?
    My thoughts exactly!

With both screens on you can really see the practical difference. Niiiice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Yea just the 6 I could barely get my hand around IT and I've big hands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Tazium

I'll be reserving any future purchase there. Much better management of the reserve queue. I lined up despite having a reservation as I had driven Cyrus up and just wanted to keep the guy company. Chatting while waiting in line with other boardsies was good craic and really helped the morning (2am in line) slide to afternoon (purchased just after 12). Back in Dub now and getting ready to open the purchased 6 128Gb. The shop has display models of the 6 plus for anyone who'd like to see just how massive it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Is it a complete waste of time heading up there tomorrow? Hoping to pick up a silver 6, 16g.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭afterglow

Kagawa wrote: »
    Did anyone pick up their reserved iPhone early, mine is not until 8-9, but I'd like to get a start back down home early if possible
    Hi. I am not long home from Apple Store. I picked mine up more than 2 hours before time and there was no problem whatsoever.
    Hope this helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

naasrd wrote: »
    Is it a complete waste of time heading up there tomorrow? Hoping to pick up a silver 6, 16g.

Worth giving them a call to see what their stock is like.

They told me that they're opening up the reservation website again sometime in the next few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Zcott wrote: »
    Worth giving them a call to see what their stock is like.

They told me that they're opening up the reservation website again sometime in the next few days.

Thanks a mil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Come on!!!!! someone post a pic of the 6+ against a 5. Couldn't believe foxes pic sbove:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Narcissus

What are the queues like now?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭drumzone

My pick up time, 11-12 got in at 10!!! Wow. Reserved a 6. Space grey. Got it changed to 128gb. No prob. Then asked for a 64gb silver. Got that too. Wow. Big shout out to Pete, great guy. That whole reserve thing, so so worth it. No queueing. At all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭denisor

dodzy wrote: »
    Come on!!!!! someone post a pic of the 6+ against a 5. Couldn't believe foxes pic sbove:eek:

Here you are. 6 plus with 5 s,

Last pic shows 6 plus, 6 & 5s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

drumzone wrote: »
    My pick up time, 11-12 got in at 10!!! Wow. Reserved a 6. Space grey. Got it changed to 128gb. No prob. Then asked for a 64gb silver. Got that too. Wow. Big shout out to Pete, great guy. That whole reserve thing, so so worth it. No queueing. At all.

Sounds like you got lucky alright. They wouldn't swap my 16gb 6 for a 64gb because they wanted to 'keep on top of stock' and suggested I join the unreserved line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

I'm up & running on my 6 happy days! Some weather out there safe travelling from Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Narcissus

Narcissus wrote: »

Anybody still queuing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

denisor wrote: »
    Here you are. 6 plus with 5 s,

Last pic shows 6 plus, 6 & 5s

woohooo...am famous ( my post on the screen of the 6+)

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 JoeyJonson

Just heading up Arthur street now. Have a 64gb space grey 6 & 6+ reserved. Will let you know about queues

Yeah unreserved queue is still quite long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Apple saving a few bob this year by not putting a graphic on the box.

Yeah it looks bad. I asked the guy about it and he said the concensus was that they ran out of time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I don't know about you guys but I only ever see the box twice. When I buy the phone and when I sell it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 fusionballs

Finally coming back to myself now with the lack of sleep and being like a zombie... But even tho I didn't grab a phone to buy personally this year, I still think the que does be great craic and anybody who is on the fence about going up and grabbing a phone all I can say is,

Try it once & see what you think,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭denisor

Finally coming back to myself now with the lack of sleep and being like a zombie... But even tho I didn't grab a phone to buy personally this year, I still think the que does be great craic and anybody who is on the fence about going up and grabbing a phone all I can say is,

Try it once & see what you think,

Great positive attitude, how come you didn't get a phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 dast1g

Apple saving a few bob this year by not putting a graphic on the box.

It's what's inside the box that counts ;) loving my 6 . Perfect size screen . Only downside is unoptimised apps that look blurry on its screen

• Registered Users Posts: 35 fusionballs

denisor wrote: »
    Great positive attitude, how come you didn't get a phone?

Because recently had a 5 & decided not to buy a 6 as was thinking it was well to big and reminding me of android phone (Samsung s4) but oh how I was wrong! 😠when seen it in action I was like that's perfect size! 😎 recently picked up a brand new 5s with Apple warranty so happy enough with that for the time being,

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Anybody still queuing?

I arrived at about 6.20pm. About 10 in the reservation que and about 69 in the normal que. I asked the girl at the top of the normal que how long she was ther and she said nearly 3 hours.

Got my 2 phones and when leaving at about 6.45 the que was out the door and down to the footbridge and about 3/4's the way over the foot bridge.

I felt slightly guilty taking a preorder off a Northerner. Lasted less then a second :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

wheres the reserve option on the victoria square/ apple website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

eirlink wrote: »

It was up for the pre order day on the 12th it's not there anymore.

eirlink wrote: »

This is the address:

https://reserve.cdn-apple.com/GB/en_GB/reserve/iPhone/availability

It's down at the moment. Will probably be up again after the weekend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

Thanks MM top man.
    prob go with the plus

no contract prices from emobile yet and im due an upgrade. but ive the 35pm unlimited all at the moment so wont be giving that up, even if it means going sim free. the contract prices from other carriers is high and the data caps low with some.
    sim free may be the way to go....decisions decisions

Advertisement