Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Belfast run 19th

191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

eirlink wrote: »
    Thanks MM top man.
    prob go with the plus

no contract prices from emobile yet and im due an upgrade. but ive the 35pm unlimited all at the moment so wont be giving that up, even if it means going sim free. the contract prices from other carriers is high and the data caps low with some.
    sim free may be the way to go....decisions decisions

It was easy for me. I'm on a €15 30 day sim plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

which operator? and hows the data on that plan?
    im out of contract so free to change, but will keep my number.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Thanks MM top man.
    prob go with the plus

no contract prices from emobile yet and im due an upgrade. but ive the 35pm unlimited all at the moment so wont be giving that up, even if it means going sim free. the contract prices from other carriers is high and the data caps low with some.
    sim free may be the way to go....decisions decisions

My dad is on the eMobile unlimited plan too for €34. He rang today as he has been out of contract a month of two on his 5 but I told him to hang on and see what the 6 prices are like. The guys today told him they didn't have any details but he rang customer care and they were trying to give him a number of the sales team but he wasn't interested as he was driving at the time. They told him to call into a store and they might have more details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

which operator? and hows the data on that plan?
    im out of contract so free to change, but will keep my number.

It's with Vodafone unlimited Vodafone to Vodafone calls and texts and 1GB data (should be 500mb but gives 1 gig for some reason). 99.9% of the people I call or text are on Vodafone or I use jelly sms or iMessage/FaceTime.

kceire wrote: »
    My dad is on the eMobile unlimited plan too for €34. He rang today as he has been out of contract a month of two on his 5 but I told him to hang on and see what the 6 prices are like. The guys today told him they didn't have any details but he rang customer care and they were trying to give him a number of the sales team but he wasn't interested as he was driving at the time. They told him to call into a store and they might have more details.

i got a text from emobile today to say im due an upgrade, which i knew anyway. replied back to 510?? and then got another text saying someone from the upgrade team would ring me before close of business today to discuss.
    they must be working very late ,as nobody rang yet !

• Advertisement

i got a text from emobile today to say im due an upgrade, which i knew anyway. replied back to 510?? and then got another text saying someone from the upgrade team would ring me before close of business today to discuss.
    they must be working very late ,as nobody rang yet !

My dad rang them as I told him to get the unlockng of his current 5 started so he can sell it as soon as he knows what he is doing.

My dad rang them as I told him to get the unlockng of his current 5 started so he can sell it as soon as he knows what he is doing.

good idea, mines unlocked anyway. any idea what an unlocked 5 black 16gig would fetch?

good idea, mines unlocked anyway. any idea what an unlocked 5 black 16gig would fetch?

I sold both our phones on adverts last week.

Her black unlocked iPhone 5 16gb for €340
    My white unlocked iPhone 5 32gb for €375

Both sold relatively handy enough, within a day or two of been posted but I had boxes, receipts from the Apple Store and both were in excellent condition and I included the cases with them.

HTH

I sold both our phones on adverts last week.

Her black unlocked iPhone 5 16gb for €340
    My white unlocked iPhone 5 32gb for €375

Both sold relatively handy enough, within a day or two of been posted but I had boxes, receipts from the Apple Store and both were in excellent condition and I included the cases with them.

HTH

thanks , thats a great indicator as ive the box and all the receipts etc and phone went into a otterbox case straight from the apple packaging and has not been out of it since, so phone is spotless. must stick it up over the weekend.
    if i get 350 then i will go sim free and hold my plan as is.
    fair play for the heads up

thanks , thats a great indicator as ive the box and all the receipts etc and phone went into a otterbox case straight from the apple packaging and has not been out of it since, so phone is spotless. must stick it up over the weekend.
    if i get 350 then i will go sim free and hold my plan as is.
    fair play for the heads up

Tbh, I'd budget for €300 for the 16gb, that's what I did. I think I got lucky with a €340 offer if I'm completely honest. That way, anything extra is a bonus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Best of luck selling, I've my sin free 5 White 64GB up for sale at the moment. No offers yet but no panic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Kagawa

Got my 64Gb 6 yesterday, 35mins in the reserved Q, God the 6+ is huge, the 6 seems to be so much bigger than my 5s

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mech33

Just got my 6 reserved this morning for collection today:) Was gonna wait for a 6 plus but they seem huge. Anyone here using a 6 plus yet? Whats your thoughts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

If anyone wants to see what the queues were like yesterday, I did some video for the Independent.ie on it

http://www.independent.ie/videos/technology/video-hundreds-of-irish-apple-fans-queue-for-new-iphone-30600528.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

mech33 wrote: »
    Just got my 6 reserved this morning for collection today:) Was gonna wait for a 6 plus but they seem huge. Anyone here using a 6 plus yet? Whats your thoughts.

Can you reserve online still? Actually you can! Just done it, cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Tazium

See this boardsie who had a change of heart after buying the 6 plus. here I'm happy that I got the 6, these same issues would have me doing the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭moralproduction

If there's anyone here getting 64gb space grey iPhone 6 but would rather a 6 plus I'd be willing to do a swap with them, I'm finding the 6 plus a little bit too big, just drop me a pm, I'm based in dublin 13
    Tazium wrote: »
    See this boardsie who had a change of heart after buying the 6 plus. here I'm happy that I got the 6, these same issues would have me doing the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭denisor

If there's anyone here getting 64gb space grey iPhone 6 but would rather a 6 plus I'd be willing to do a swap with them, I'm finding the 6 plus a little bit too big, just drop me a pm, I'm based in dublin 13

😄 I know the feeling! Afraid it's gonna fall! Is yours space grey? I have a 64 6 plus in white silver and would rather space grey, I also have an unopened 128 6 non plus in silver white I would swap it for your grey plus with the difference if you where interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭drumzone

mad muffin wrote: »
    I don't know about you guys but I only ever see the box twice. When I buy the phone and when I sell it.

Here here. :D

I knew I made the right move to get the 6. Knew from the start that the 6 plus was just too much. For me anyway. Super happy with my 6. Also just looked on Apple Store belfast and there are loads of iphone 6 models left to reserve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭mackerski

The queue is at the moment just about back to the bridge.

There is a queue today too? Holy crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

There was no queue at 12 so it must have just started to get busy again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭mackerski

drumzone wrote: »
    There is a queue today too? Holy crap.

A pretty short one. Maybe 20-30 people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

dmcg90 wrote: »
    If anyone wants to see what the queues were like yesterday, I did some video for the Independent.ie on it

http://www.independent.ie/videos/technology/video-hundreds-of-irish-apple-fans-queue-for-new-iphone-30600528.html

Haha I'm famous who do I invoice ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Tazium

The missus was still shopping 😀 hope ha got sorted and the drive wasn't too bad going home.

Advertisement