Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Belfast run 19th

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Kagawa

I just reserved a 6 64Gb space grey for 8-9 pm, would have to come from cork, i don't know for sure if i'll go though, its a long long way, do you still have to queue? or just walk in?

I was going to use parcel motel but the uk store is now listing 3-4 weeks for shipping, so there goes that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 496 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

@Kagawa

let me know if your not taking that 64GB as Ill take it ...

Ya-Boy-Ya wrote: »
    @Kagawa

let me know if your not taking that 64GB as Ill take it ...

Isn't it tied to my apple id?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭drumzone

No you don't need to q. It says you must show up between a 1 hour window. I'm 11-12am. Going to leave it till about the last 10 mins. Just in case they make u wait.

Yes it's tied to your apple account.

• Advertisement

I've booked a mine for between 8-9pm, if i arrived at 7 say, I assume i can just pick it up then, I assume I wouldn't have to wait until 8? Anyone have any experience of how this works from previous years??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

So no swaps Dam I reserved 2 silver 16gig 6 as I wanted a 6plus and 6 but no option to reserve both only option was 2x6 or 2x6 plus if you get me will try my luck Friday see what they say

I used the reserve link that was posted, is it strange that there is no mention of a reserve option on the apple uk site? Just want to be sure that I don't drive all the way to belfast for nothing!

Just saw it now on the apple uk site, missed it before now!

Kagawa wrote: »
    I used the reserve link that was posted, is it strange that there is no mention of a reserve option on the apple uk site? Just want to be sure that I don't drive all the way to belfast for nothing!

Just saw it now on the apple uk site, missed it before now!

No. It'll be grand. You get your email to confirm what you've reserved. You can only do it once a day. Go back on the next day and order another. Also I reckon they would make you wait. Your given a 1 hour time frame to call. There will be a lot that have reserved.

Just checked the reserve page. There's nothing left only the 128gb models.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Narcissus

just checked, 16 gig space grey still there, and 64 gold

Well yeah. But the 64 seems the most popular. And gold ones left in 128. Big change from last year.

I have a spare silver 16 gig Iphone6 reserved collection 1-2 pm will not give out my details if tho!! if someone is up in Belfast looking for one that's fine or cues up over night and doesn't get one pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Yesterday: gonna hold off for a while
    Today: thank you for your preorder

Anyone about from 1-2?

I will be in Belfast from 1-2 what ya need? Did u pre order today??

Is the apple store in a shopping centre? Is there parking there? where is the best place to park?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I've booked a mine for between 8-9pm, if i arrived at 7 say, I assume i can just pick it up then, I assume I wouldn't have to wait until 8? Anyone have any experience of how this works from previous years??

I had an appointment to get my phone fixed. I was 25 mins early. I was told to come back as they had ques forming.

Is say it will depend on how busy they are and how many staff available.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Is the apple store in a shopping centre? Is there parking there? where is the best place to park?

Yes they have a large parking underground attached to the centre. It's £2.80 an hour IIRC.
    Set your sat nav for this location Dropped pin
    near Victoria Square Shopping Centre, 1 Victoria Square, Belfast BT1 4QG, UK
    http://goo.gl/maps/3UY5T

Yes in a shopping centre parking available
    Full details http://www.victoriasquare.com/login/login/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

While its in a shopping centre, it is outdoors so dress appropriately if queuing.

• Advertisement

Just noticed something strange, I created a calendar reminder by clicking on the time in my email from apple showing the reservation and it created a reminder with the following location,

6 St Andrew Street, London, EC4A 3AE, United Kingdom,

But it says Victoria Square as the 'pickup location', (Had a minor heart attack until I checked the mail & when I click on the link in the mail it brings me to the Victoria Square store) did anyone else notice this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Just noticed something strange, I created a calendar reminder by clicking on the time in my email from apple showing the reservation and it created a reminder with the following location,

6 St Andrew Street, London, EC4A 3AE, United Kingdom,

But it says Victoria Square as the 'pickup location', (Had a minor heart attack until I checked the mail & when I click on the link in the mail it brings me to the Victoria Square store) did anyone else notice this?

I just tried this but it didn't fill in any location.

See attachment, strange....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

See attachment, strange....

I tried it on my iPad. Probably just a bug on the Mac?

Maybe, but as long as it says Victoria square i'm happy

Maybe, but as long as it says Victoria square i'm happy

nah,dont worry it is vic sq. i rang.

drumzone wrote: »
    nah,dont worry it is vic sq. i rang.

You rang querying the location it says when you click on the reminder?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Has anyone checked that they will hold reserved phones until close of business? I've mine reserved for 11-12 but can't make it up until later that afternoon now.surely they won't sell it once 12pm comes and goes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Has anyone checked that they will hold reserved phones until close of business? I've mine reserved for 11-12 but can't make it up until later that afternoon now.surely they won't sell it once 12pm comes and goes?

You'd better call them to check. The small print says:

If you do not pick up your selected item(s) by the designated date and time, your reservation will be cancelled and your item(s) will be returned to stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I'll look forward to hearing some of your hands-on opinions of the new iPhone. I'm hoping to pick one up on September 26th so you'll get to enjoy yours for a week before and I'm curious to just how big they'll be. I'm surprised how popular the 6 Plus is turning out to be, I never thought there was such a demand for a Phablet sized iPhone.

Advertisement