Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Belfast run 19th

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 cyrus7753

If there is anyone who did not make any reservation, you are welcome to join me that we will leave Dublin around 1am so we can link up around 3am.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Peace92

cyrus7753 wrote: »
    If there is anyone who did not make any reservation, you are welcome to join me that we will leave Dublin around 1am so we can link up around 3am.

Does this mean that you can still queue outside thursday night and still have a chance to buy the iPhone 6plus ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 cyrus7753

Peace92 wrote: »
    Does this mean that you can still queue outside thursday night and still have a chance to buy the iPhone 6plus ?

It's first-come first serve policy like every year, if you'd be able to wait, you will get one. Otherwise it seems just unfair to a lot of ppl who doesn't have UK bank account tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭boardzz

Would anyone have a 6 plus preorder. I have a 6 64gb grey for swap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

cyrus7753 wrote: »
    It's first-come first serve policy like every year, if you'd be able to wait, you will get one. Otherwise it seems just unfair to a lot of ppl who doesn't have UK bank account tho.

You don't need a UK bank account, thats only for contract options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭drumzone

Guys. What's the story with the whole reserve and collect. Do you still have to get in the Q ?? How will that work. I wasn't going to go down and wait at all, but on reading a few posts here I'm now concerned. Has anyone got first hand experience of the way it works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭boardzz

Your reserved phone will be waiting for you at the time you selected. People are queuing for the phones available for walk ins.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

drumzone wrote: »
    Guys. What's the story with the whole reserve and collect. Do you still have to get in the Q ?? How will that work. I wasn't going to go down and wait at all, but on reading a few posts here I'm now concerned. Has anyone got first hand experience of the way it works.

No que for reserved phones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Kagawa

kceire wrote: »
    No que for reserved phones.

I have booked mine for 8-9, but I'll be able to get up there much earlier now and would prefer to pick it up earlier, are they likely to ask me to come back at my reserved time if I turn up at 2???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Kagawa wrote: »
    I have booked mine for 8-9, but I'll be able to get up there much earlier now and would prefer to pick it up earlier, are they likely to ask me to come back at my reserved time if I turn up at 2???

Your best bet would be to call them and see what they say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

My reservation is at 2-3pm so I'll head up early on the Aircoach and potter around for a bit before I get one!

So you litterly just walk past all the ones that are queueing and stroll into the store. Also if your from the republic and your buying the phone straight, as in no contract what do you need to show them. I mean I could know someone who doesn't want their phone bad just give their name!!!!!

So you litterly just walk past all the ones that are queueing and stroll into the store. Also if your from the republic and your buying the phone straight, as in no contract what do you need to show them. I mean I could know someone who doesn't want their phone bad just give their name!!!!!

i think just the name thats on the reservation and payment.
    When i reserved 2 iPhone 4's, i just gave my name and my girlfriends name and paid for both together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

i think just the name thats on the reservation and payment.
    When i reserved 2 iPhone 4's, i just gave my name and my girlfriends name and paid for both together.

Has anyone ring them to confirm reservation? I got confirmation email from reservation but if i check online , it says " No reservation".

Reserved on 12th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

deep1 wrote: »
    Has anyone ring them to confirm reservation? I got confirmation email from reservation but if i check online , it says " No reservation".

Reserved on 12th.

I seen that too but I think it's to do with their workshops and not the iPhone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

I seen that too but I think it's to do with their workshops and not the iPhone.

Yeah thought so, ah well we will find out on Friday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

deep1 wrote: »
    Yeah thought so, ah well we will find out on Friday :)

I hope so too I'm due up between 3-4pm maybe some of the earlier boardies might post on how they get on.

How do u check your reserved phone online.

Just rang the store guys. There will be no prob at all. If you have a phone reserved and you arrive on time you WILL walk away with that phone. 😀😀😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Is it worth setting up a thread to help out fellow bordies?As in I have two iPhones 6 reserved only taking one or some has a 6 plus but just wants the 6 now etc etc?

• Advertisement

fox007 wrote: »
    Is it worth setting up a thread to help out fellow bordies?As in I have two iPhones 6 reserved only taking one or some has a 6 plus but just wants the 6 now etc etc?

you mean like this one :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Iv a 64GB iPhone 6 reserved for pick up between 11 and 12.
    What are the chances if I'm there at 10-10:30 I could get it then. Iv to catch a boat from Dublin at 1:30pm and I'll b cutting it close

Stealthirl wrote: »
    Iv a 64GB iPhone 6 reserved for pick up between 11 and 12.
    What are the chances if I'm there at 10-10:30 I could get it then. Iv to catch a boat from Dublin at 1:30pm and I'll b cutting it close

I would call the store to be so you will be with out any doubts.

from what was told and these are the words of a staff member,it all depends on how many people that come at lets say your time which is 11-12 that want to get signed up for contract,thats going to be the big hold up. so,you could be there at 11 on the dot and not get served till 12,but you will get your phone. words of a staff member who sounded very confident.

just thought i would throw this out there too. they will take cash too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Euros?

I thought that was a given considering it's a retail store.
    stimpson wrote: »
    Euros?

GB STG.
    Dunnes in Henry street would not accept STG, so same principle applies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

GB STG.
    Dunnes in Henry street would not accept STG, so same principle applies.

Apple own Dunnes?? :)

In fairness, lots of shops up north take euro.

After the 18th they might prefer Euro :p

• Advertisement

stimpson wrote: »
    Apple own Dunnes?? :)

In fairness, lots of shops up north take euro.

Newry maybe, but not as far as Belfast. Apple Store will deffo not take euros for anybody considering.

Advertisement