Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Belfast run 19th

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭drumzone

no. i did not say Euro,i meant if you had STG they will take it. cash...some can get it from family members or just a better rate, im close to the border and know people who work in the north.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mccluska

drumzone wrote: »
    no. i did not say Euro,i meant if you had STG they will take it. cash...some can get it from family members or just a better rate, im close to the border and know people who work in the north.

Yea I was going to just use my VISA Debit card, but I might stop off in a post office to get some cash changed before I head up if I can avoid some stupid charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭drumzone

yeah,thats just what i meant..i said that cause Apple Stores used not to take cash,and read some conflicting storys about it,and i have always paid by card.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1 andyzdeman

I live in Victoria Square apartments and am going to get up and queue.
    Maybe around 5-6am. Only takes me 60 seconds to get to the Apple Store :)

If anyone has a reserved but isn't taking a 128GB Space Grey iPhone 6 Plus i'd be well happy to avoid the queues!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 dast1g

anyone heading up for 10-11?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Mines reserved for 10-11.

I'm planning on leaving The Midlands at 7 so hopefully should be there by 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

drumzone wrote: »
    yeah,thats just what i meant..i said that cause Apple Stores used not to take cash,and read some conflicting storys about it,and i have always paid by card.......

Apologies for confusing everyone. I'd had a pint at lunchtime and was a little giddy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Kagawa

Just saw this, assume that Apple Belfast will be doing this systems too??

http://www.todaysiphone.com/2014/09/getting-iphone-6-friday-will-journey/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

andyzdeman wrote: »
    I live in Victoria Square apartments and am going to get up and queue.
    Maybe around 5-6am. Only takes me 60 seconds to get to the Apple Store :)

If anyone has a reserved but isn't taking a 128GB Space Grey iPhone 6 Plus i'd be well happy to avoid the queues!

Check out this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057291309
    Kagawa wrote: »
    Just saw this, assume that Apple Belfast will be doing this systems too??

http://www.todaysiphone.com/2014/09/getting-iphone-6-friday-will-journey/

Yeah that's something like what they do every year. They come out with tea and coffee and ask everybody what they are buying and as you approach the front, they give you a token kinda confirming that they have a phone for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Hmm so I don't have a preorder (just back from SF/Cuperinto) what would be my chances of getting a 6 or a 6 plus? Planning to be there for 4am.

Anyone know cheap parking? I vaguely remeber getting stung in the Victoria Square underground car park before.

Hmm so I don't have a preorder (just back from SF/Cuperinto) what would be my chances of getting a 6 or a 6 plus? Planning to be there for 4am.

Anyone know cheap parking? I vaguely remeber getting stung in the Victoria Square underground car park before.

As I said before :)
    If you arrive into Victoria square after midnight and stay till 8am they only charge you like for one hours parking!

I arrived last year at 12.30 and left at 9ish and I only paid £5.60.
    The hourly rate only kicks in from 8am IIRC.

The problem is, if you arrive at 4am, you will still be queuing at 9 or 10 or maybe 11am!

I arrived at 12.30 and I was in and served and out at 9.03am (that's the time on my receipt)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Sorry I'm just off the flight and been awake 30 hours. Haven't read the entire thread. Don't mind queuing until 11 or so just want one on launch day :)

You queued from 12:30? ****, how big was the queue. Maybe I need to rethink my arrival time so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

Probably stupid question but what's the story after Friday?
    Will phones be available Saturday, Sunday, Monday??

Sorry I'm just off the flight and been awake 30 hours. Haven't read the entire thread. Don't mind queuing until 11 or so just want one on launch day :)

You queued from 12:30? ****, how big was the queue. Maybe I need to rethink my arrival time so.

Agh no, I'm just pulling your leg as your usually a wealth of apple information :p

I got there at 12.30ish and I was just outside the jewellery shop facing the Apple Store. Right at the junction of the bridge/walkway.

Got into the store and served by 9.03am.

For anyone doing the overnight thing, we went here for an Ulster Fry last year. Well worth a visit.

The Windmill
    19-21 Church Ln, Belfast BT1 4QN, United Kingdom
    http://goo.gl/maps/aSqlm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Guys, in terms of currency exchange. What's the best thing to do?

Put it on a card?
    Exchange?

Card I think. You'll probably get a better rate.

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Guys, in terms of currency exchange. What's the best thing to do?

Put it on a card?
    Exchange?

Only a couple of euro in the difference. Depends on the rate today and watch it over the next few days. If STG drops like a stone after the election on Thursday I'll wait for the Irish release feck that!

I usually use the credit card, saves the hassle of getting cash, carrying it etc

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gavin1980

Gonna be heading up from Dublin at 5am for 7am from what I remember last year people were still able to get 5C/5S on Sunday, going for the gold iPhone 6 - 64GB myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Is the Pre Order option gone? Can't see it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

naasrd wrote: »
    Is the Pre Order option gone? Can't see it?

Pick up reservations are all used up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭flyandrain

stimpson wrote: »
    So I'm booked from 4 to 5. Leaving Dublin about 1:30 (just to be sure). Anyone want to split the petrol costs?
    same here, my collection time is between 3pm to 4pm, i live in Dundrum, but i could meet u somewhere is near to you, if that is okay :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

mad muffin wrote: »
    Pick up reservations are all used up now.

Thanks! I was demented looking for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Scorpion venom

i went up the last 2 years to queue and got my iphone 5 and 5s :)
    i didnt know that this year you could pre order sim free iphones and im actually annoyed that the victoria store did not email past customers that have previously purchased iphones from their store or am i the only one that didnt know,

I plan to be in belfast for 2am and start queueing until they open at 8am
    i rang the belfast store and the guy on the phone said the 6+ was the most popular to be pre ordered but he said i should be fine, he said there will be two queues on the day

i went up the last 2 years to queue and got my iphone 5 and 5s :)
    i didnt know that this year you could pre order sim free iphones and im actually annoyed that the victoria store did not email past customers that have previously purchased iphones from their store or am i the only one that didnt know,

Yep, I think you were the only person that didn't know! :p
    The standard que will be similar to the 5 and previous ques, except for the 4, that had the same reserve option as this 6.

kceire wrote: »
    Yep, I think you were the only person that didn't know! :p
    The standard que will be similar to the 5 and previous ques, except for the 4, that had the same reserve option as this 6.

haha ah silly me eh lol

ill just be up there for around 2am and lets hope i get a 6+ fingers crossed :-)
    ive never went up this early before always up at around 7am so i should be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gavin1980

haha ah silly me eh lol

ill just be up there for around 2am and lets hope i get a 6+ fingers crossed :-)
    ive never went up this early before always up at around 7am so i should be ok

Was there ever an issue going up at 7am? You still got phone u wanted?

My first year going up :)

Gavin1980 wrote: »
    Was there ever an issue going up at 7am? You still got phone u wanted?

My first year going up :)

no never an issue always got my phone

i just thought this year was the first year for pre ordering so i was panicking thinking i might not get a phone hence going up for 2am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

I rang the store and was told very small chance I'd get my reservation before the allotted time.
    Anyone willing to swap any slots before 11 with me ?
    My reservation is for a 64GB space grey 6 between 11 and 12.

I reserved both my iphone 4 and 5 for store pick up on launch day and both times there was very little Q time and I was out within 15-20min hope it's the same this time.
    Hopeing most of the people who have the 10-11 slots will be sorted by 1030-1045 as even 15min early would be fantastic for me

Advertisement