Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Belfast run 19th

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Stealthirl wrote: »
    I rang the store and was told very small chance I'd get my reservation before the allotted time.
    Anyone willing to swap any slots before 11 with me ?
    My reservation is for a 64GB space grey 6 between 11 and 12.

I reserved both my iphone 4 and 5 for store pick up on launch day and both times there was very little Q time and I was out within 15-20min hope it's the same this time.
    Hopeing most of the people who have the 10-11 slots will be sorted by 1030-1045 as even 15min early would be fantastic for me

Didn't think thre was any reservations for the 5. I bought my 5 up there too. Apple haven't done a reservation process since the 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

kceire wrote: »
    Didn't think thre was any reservations for the 5. I bought my 5 up there too. Apple haven't done a reservation process since the 4.

Well from memory, it wasant the exact same. I pre registered for one with a friend and we got an email with a date/time to collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Scorpion venom

Well from memory, it wasant the exact same. I pre registered for one with a friend and we got an email with a date/time to collect.

so this reservation was happening the last 2 years ?

I'v no idea if they did it for the 5S

ok cool i wonder will the queue be crazy this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Kagawa

My collection time is 8pm, If there is going to be 2 queues, what time do you think I should aim to be there, would prefer to get out ASAP as I have to drive back to limerick.

They didn't do it for the 5. It was a que up and first come first served in Belfast Apple Store.
    The last reservation system Apple done was for the 4.

Kagawa wrote: »
    My collection time is 8pm, If there is going to be 2 queues, what time do you think I should aim to be there, would prefer to get out ASAP as I have to drive back to limerick.

By that time the main first come first served ques will be gone.

Hope the queues were like last year :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭blink44

Anyone heard what kinda supply's the store will have on launch day? So many rumours about the 6plus in short supply and honestly can't think of a worse disappointment then travelling back to dublin without one after queuing all night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭boardzz

blink44 wrote: »
    honestly can't think of a worse disappointment then travelling back to dublin without one after queuing all night

Really?

boardzz wrote: »
    Really?

Well if I woke up in the morning and my testicles were missing I'd probably be a teeny bit more disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 42 dast1g

I rang the store and was told very small chance I'd get my reservation before the allotted time.
    Anyone willing to swap any slots before 11 with me ?
    My reservation is for a 64GB space grey 6 between 11 and 12.

I reserved both my iphone 4 and 5 for store pick up on launch day and both times there was very little Q time and I was out within 15-20min hope it's the same this time.
    Hopeing most of the people who have the 10-11 slots will be sorted by 1030-1045 as even 15min early would be fantastic for me
    I was just told I more than likely will get it early if I arrive early . My slot is 10-11 going to b up there for 9

dast1g wrote: »
    I was just told I more than likely will get it early if I arrive early . My slot is 10-11 going to b up there for 9

sorry you have a slot

Anyone heard what kinda supply's the store will have on launch day? So many rumours about the 6plus in short supply and honestly can't think of a worse disappointment then travelling back to dublin without one after queuing all night

i was told on the phone today if u go up early you should be ok if you cant get there early ill be there early if you want me to get you a ticket for a 6+ no problem i will indeed :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Just in the process of restoring two iPhone 5 one job i hate doing then iOS 8 is need to make matters worse ah well getting all ready for friday now as I'm working tomorrow night.Booked 12-1pm cannot wait

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

sorry you have a slot

Would u do me a favour and get me a ticket for a 6+ 64gb space grey if at all possible.
    I've a 16gb reserved but really wanted a 64gb. My slots for 11-12 but gonna be there for 9! Would be hugely appreciated.

Would u do me a favour and get me a ticket for a 6+ 64gb space grey if at all possible.
    I've a 16gb reserved but really wanted a 64gb. My slots for 11-12 but gonna be there for 9! Would be hugely appreciated.

ye no problem at all :-) me and a mate are going up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

ye no problem at all :-) me and a mate are going up

Great fair play ill drop you a pm with my mobile number. Not sure what way it works, would I just take the ticket off you and walk in , or what?
    Thanks again , 16gb just too small a size

Great fair play ill drop you a pm with my mobile number. Not sure what way it works, would I just take the ticket off you and walk in , or what?

not sure to be honest pal they wont know anyway ill have ticket and just come up the queue and jump in with me and ill give u the ticket hope i get a 16GB space Grey 6+ :-)

• Advertisement

not sure to be honest pal they wont know anyway ill have ticket and just come up the queue and jump in with me and ill give u the ticket hope i get a 16GB space Grey 6+ :-)

I wouldn't jump the que in front of people just incase they get a bit miffed. Maybe hang around and when it's your turn to go in with the tokens meet each other inside the store. The sales guy will be ok processing the order in two separate transactions.

Remember the store is still open as normal, so people can walk in as normal and purchase other goods.

i was told on the phone today if u go up early you should be ok if you cant get there early ill be there early if you want me to get you a ticket for a 6+ no problem i will indeed :-)

Very generous of you mate but is it not a case of one per customer?

They didn't do it for the 5. It was a que up and first come first served in Belfast Apple Store.

You sure about that ?
    http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?thread=2056752017&query=reserve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Very generous of you mate but is it not a case of one per customer?

2 per customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭spongebob89

Why cant i get this :( just says more details or software usage

Where the download button :(

Yes 100%. You couldn't reserve an iPhone 5 on launch day in September 2012 in the Apple Store. It was a first come first served basis up there.

I've bought every one of my iPhone's up there, the 4 was the only one which could be reserved in the same fashion as the 6.

BTW, your link is for the pre order for delivery, not for reserve and collect in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭spongebob89

Why cant i get this :( just says more details or software usage

Where the download button :(

stimpson wrote: »
    2 per customer.

Ah as tempted as I am I think il wait and order off the Irish site next week. Don't really fancy wandering around Belfast on my own at that hour of the morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Ah as tempted as I am I think il wait and order off the Irish site next week. Don't really fancy wandering around Belfast on my own at that hour of the morning

Just don't start singing rebel songs.....you'll be grand.:D

• Advertisement

BTW, your link is for the pre order for delivery, not for reserve and collect in person.

From my link
    valdigre wrote: »
    Not sure if relevant to this thread or not, but...

I wanted to order iphone online and have it delivered, but because I read so many potential problems with it (yellowish screen, not working home button, scratches etc) and such a long wait, I decided to to reserve online and pick it up in Belfast.

I was reserving one last week every day, without luck (Black 32 gb) so I decided a different strategy and reserved a white 32 gb on this Wednesday and to my astonishment, I got a confirmation email from them the same night.
    I picked it up yesterday, no problems with it so far.

Just to let you know, if someone wants one and does not mind picking up from Belfast.

Ideally you could have the order online through apple and cancel it, if you are lucky enough to get the reservation.

Im not sure when it was launched but my receipt is dated 5th Oct 2012 and i know i reserved it for store pick up along with a friend who got one as well.

Advertisement