Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Belfast run 19th

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 r.grimes

Bit torn, working in Waterford til 10pm thurs, bit late to head to Belfast at that point hoping to queue to get a 64gb 6+ without a reserve?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

I actually checked and the 5 went on sale Sept. 21, 2012 so it was not on launch day but was dam close to it.
    But there was a post launch reservation/collection system for the 5

So we were both wrong/right

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Stealthirl wrote: »
    From my link

Im not sure when it was launched but my receipt is dated 5th Oct 2012 and i know i reserved it for store pick up along with a friend who got one as well.
    I actually checked and the 5 went on sale Sept. 21, 2012 so it was not on launch day but was dam close to it.
    But there was a post launch reservation/collection system for the 5

So we were both wrong/right

I know, I was correct there was no reserve option for the iphone 5 on launch. I've stated that from the start. Standard que system, first come first served for the 4S, 5, 5S but they have reverted back to launch day reservations for the 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Well i'm putting it down to i was not clear on the date i got mine [that i stated] and you being adamant
    kceire wrote:
    The last reservation system Apple done was for the 4.

What you should have said was the last day 1 reservation system Apple done was for the 4 but there was a reservation system for post day 1 sales of the 5 for collection

Thus i was wrong in that i didant reserve it for pick up on day 1 but right when i said i had a reservation
    But you were wrong in stating the above quote and right in that there was no day 1 reservations

Simple misunderstanding about something that happened 2 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Cmullen89

Hey guys, I'm thinking of heading up from Dundalk about 12, so should be there about 1am. My problem is I got to be leaving Belfast by 9am! Do the queues take long? What's the chances?

• Advertisement

Cmullen89 wrote: »
    Hey guys, I'm thinking of heading up from Dundalk about 12, so should be there about 1am. My problem is I got to be leaving Belfast by 9am! Do the queues take long? What's the chances?

I entered the que at 12.30 and was out by 9.03am the last time.

Well i'm putting it down to i was not clear on the date i got mine [that i stated] and you being adamant

What you should have said was the last day 1 reservation system Apple done was for the 4 but there was a reservation system for post day 1 sales of the 5 for collection

Thus i was wrong in that i didant reserve it for pick up on day 1 but right when i said i had a reservation
    But you were wrong in stating the above quote and right in that there was no day 1 reservations

Simple misunderstanding about something that happened 2 years ago

Fair enough. I thought it was clear we were talking about launch day reservations. Anyway, as you say, let's move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gavin1980

kceire wrote: »
    I entered the que at 12.30 and was out by 9.03am the last time.

Was there much of a queue behind you when it went 8am kceire?

Gavin1980 wrote: »

Yes, it stretched down past the jewellers, across the foot bridge and further down and wrapped around the lifts area. My biggest concern about getting into the que late, was not knowing if they would have the exact phone you want and having to wait so long to get served. I'd rather go up earlier and que longer beforehand but get in and out quicker.

But that's me, others may rather the opposite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

First world problems; jesus, i'd love to be making that trip tomorrow :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

If you have a reservation do you just arrive at the allotted time, skip the queue and away you go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

naasrd wrote: »
    If you have a reservation do you just arrive at the allotted time, skip the queue and away you go?

No one is really sure yet but keep an eye on the blogs tonight to see how Australian users get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

For those driving , where is the best spot to park?
    Also is driving there easy enough to get to from Dublin?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Thanks

The shopping centre's underground would probably be the best. Last thing you want to be doing is travelling ages to your car after standing in line for a few hours. It's pretty much a straight road from Dublin. Just don't use apple maps or you'll end up somewhere else :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Ah now, Apple Maps is pretty good in Belfast! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭drumzone

naasrd wrote: »

yes you do. you approach a staff member which i was told when i rang will be lots of.they will take it from there,but be there within your allotted time.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gavin1980

Just went to exchange money for the phone and phone woulda cost me 820euro? Is it cheaper to use card does anyone know? Completely useless at these kinda things from what I understood I was getting it roughly same price if not cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Just went to exchange money for the phone and phone woulda cost me 820euro? Is it cheaper to use card does anyone know? Completely useless at these kinda things from what I understood I was getting it roughly same price if not cheaper.
    Won't be much in it. Personally, I'd pay with card.

nah,much the same. the rate is the rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

What do you need to show them that you have a reservation? Do you tell them your Apple ID or show them the email or what?

• Advertisement

each iphone 6 model will cost 20 euro less buying it 2 moro in belfast

each iphone 6 model will cost 20 euro less by buying it 2 moro in belfast

iphone 6 plus works out the same way going by apple.ie prices

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Scorpion venom

drumzone wrote: »
    iphone 6 plus works out the same way going by apple.ie prices

Once I get one I'll be happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Scorpion venom

Thanks

Francis street car park £6:50 for the whole day I've parked there the last 2 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Kagawa

The price may not be the same, it depends on the rate which your bank charges through debit card transactions and some will charge a % of total transaction when abroad, from what I've looked into it seems to be more like €813 all in, for my bank anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 42 dast1g

what do i need to show apple employee tomorrow for my reservation?

dast1g wrote: »
    what do i need to show apple employee tomorrow for my reservation?

i think just the email sent to you and give your name. thats what i was told

• Registered Users Posts: 42 dast1g

drumzone wrote: »
    i think just the email sent to you and give your name. thats what i was told

i have no phone to show them the email unless i send it to my gf email and show them on her phone? im sure its all the one as long as you have the email?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

dast1g wrote: »
    i have no phone to show them the email unless i send it to my gf email and show them on her phone? im sure its all the one as long as you have the email?

Print the email?

Advertisement