Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Energia - are they a good company to swap to?

Options
  • 10-09-2014 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭

"saveme" promo code - circa 20% off gas and elec with

http://www.energia.ie/Price-Plans

Are they a reputable and good company to swap to?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Accomodation & Property

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Mrs W

Try bonkers.ie I put in our meter readings for gas and electricity and it gave energiA as the best option and we'd save 300 a year so I did. Happy enough with the bills so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,535 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Yes. Anyone but Airtricity and your pretty safe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

Energia are grand, we had a few hiccups to begin with but they were decent in the end and bills are certainly MUCH more manageable compared to some ESB ones I have had in the past!
    We swapped our leccy and gas to them and are happy.
    They are a new company so there can be a few issues because of a bit of lack of experience in the market here and finding their feet but their customer service is good, in fact compared to ESB it would be highly superior.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭worded

Cool so will jump ship

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

As far as I can remember their standing charges are higher. You really need to calculate your last couple of bills using their rates and standing charges to see real savings if any. When I did this it actually worked out more expensive but it was on a commercial premises. I agree with the previous poster about Airtricity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭worded

Sounds a bit complicated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

worded wrote: »
    Sounds a bit complicated

Calculating the bill :confused: ???
    How else can you be sure you're getting a good deal. Is it any wonder so many of these great deals end up in 'Consumer Issues'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Sort of on topic. What's the best way to decide on an energy provider when moving into a new property? Obviously you don't have info on your usage etc to check the best deal.

Is the best thing to do to sign up for whatever company gives you a good new customer deal, then wait 6 months, calculate your usage and switch (if necessary)?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,535 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Woshy wrote: »
    Sort of on topic. What's the best way to decide on an energy provider when moving into a new property? Obviously you don't have info on your usage etc to check the best deal.

Is the best thing to do to sign up for whatever company gives you a good new customer deal, then wait 6 months, calculate your usage and switch (if necessary)?

They are usually 12 month contracts

• Advertisement
Advertisement