Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - Minecraft - Cheapest way to buy?

• 10-09-2014 12:16pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lads,

My boss wants to get Minecraft for his nephews and doesnt want to put his credit card details on the xbox one, does the Xbox one store your Credit Card details?
    Also where is cheapest for Minecraft?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Lads,

My boss wants to get Minecraft for his nephews and doesnt want to put his credit card details on the xbox one, does the Xbox one store your Credit Card details?
    Also where is cheapest for Minecraft?

You can buy top up cards in the likes of gamestop and argos etc, you just enter a code and redeem them for the value on the card. So a €20 card would do him fro mincraft. Worth bearing in mind if that account as bought minecraft before on 360 then it will only be 4.99 if bought on one with that account and you can also transfer saves from 360 over.

You can also buy on line and they will email mail you the code. You should find some links in the last few pages of this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055846688

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

calex71 wrote: »
    You can buy top up cards in the likes of gamestop and argos etc, you just enter a code and redeem them for the value on the card. So a €20 card would do him fro mincraft. Worth bearing in mind if that account as bought minecraft before on 360 then it will only be 4.99 if bought on one with that account and you can also transfer saves from 360 over.

You can also buy on line and they will email mail you the code. You should find some links in the last few pages of this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055846688

Cheers for that, are points still used for Xbox? I thought they got rid of them for some strange reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Cheers for that, are points still used for Xbox? I thought they got rid of them for some strange reason.
    Yeah, they got rid of them but you can by prepaid cards for a cash value instead (e.g. €5, €10, €25, €50). It's the same thing without the messiness of leftover points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Te cheapest way to get it is to buy 1200mp from an online store like cheapxboxlivecodes.com or simplecdkeys . Maybe someone else know but that's what I used to do.

You could get 4200ms from them which are around €50 in the shops for less than €35. When you enter the code on the one, you get the cash equivalent of around €53 so your making a profit

Advertisement