Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Data Protection

Options
  • 10-09-2014 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have recently bought a car off someone through done deal. The deal isn't complete and information has arose that completely changes the situation. The advert has been removed and I know the Customer Data protection stops done deal from releasing the advert to me. However, if they have broke the law by lying in order to sell their car quicker, can the protection of their data be void so that I can prove this? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Basic answer is no.

The Gardai could request the information if they were investigating a crime etc., but law breaking or not Done Deal can't release information to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

false advertising isnt a criminal act anyway.

re the ad im sure its cached in google and can be found that way, however Im not quite sure what your trying to achieve. A private sale doesnt provide you consumer protection and as such its buyer beware.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'm not sure what you are tying to achieve here. Have you handed over cash? What are you seeking to do?

Advertisement