Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Preston House Abbeyleix Closed?

Options
  • 10-09-2014 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi All,

I emailed the lovely folks at Preston House to inquire about making a reservation. To my horror I received an email back advising they had ceased trading.

Does anyone know about this? the reasons why? I loved that place!

Evan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Moved to Laois from Food & Drink.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Not a clue why, but Danny & Breda were lovely people. And the place itself was a lovely spot to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

It was a nice spot and they are indeed lovely people but I'd say they found it difficult to maintain the level of trade needed to stay in business in a small Laois town.

I ate there once and while I did appreciate what they were trying to do with the restaurant it just wasn't as well executed as say somewhere like Campagne.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 lotusflower

Does anyone know what happens if you had purchased a voucher for Preston house? I had prepaid €400 for a stay in November for my dad's 60th and just got a generic email saying they had ceased trading this morning. I paid the money directly to the owners who are not replying so does this mean i have no comeback?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

If you paid using a credit card you might get it back from the credit card company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 stoker7

Does anyone know what happens if you had purchased a voucher for Preston house? I had prepaid €400 for a stay in November for my dad's 60th and just got a generic email saying they had ceased trading this morning. I paid the money directly to the owners who are not replying so does this mean i have no comeback?
    Lotus flower did you ever get the money back? Any news what happened??

Advertisement