Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foxhill in Baldoyle/Ayrfield

Options
  • 10-09-2014 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭

Hello folks,

I've a friend (and no, its not me really) who's looking at buying a house in the Foxhill area in Baldoyle/Ayrfield in Dublin 13 and she doesn't know much about the area. I'm wondering if anyone could give me some information on the area and whats it like regarding the usual things like is it safe or not, regular and reliable buses and shops and pubs.

Thanks in advance,

C

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

It certainly isn't anywhere near Baldoyle.

the area is generally known as Ayrfield or Ard na Greine

it's between Donaghmede and Coolock and there would be a mix of estate types in the area.

You've got Clarehall Shopping centre and the Malahide road would have lots of buses

It is a bit too close to certain areas of Coolock for my liking and TBH in my opinion I'd look closer to the Donaghmede towards baldoyle area

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

The area round grangemore/donahies would be a far better bet and closer to donaghmede shopping centre and the 29a bus route.

Parts of Ayrefield can be a little bit sketchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 crystallamp

I live in the area. Ard na Greine, the estate across from it has won Dublin City Council's best estate for the last 12 years. You have the Malahide Road separating you from Darndale & Coolock. Disagree that it would be preferable to live closer to Donaghmede. I grew up in Donaghmede and find this area far superior.

Advertisement