Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxback Irish or Oz Account

Options
  • 10-09-2014 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question. Does taxback have to be lodged to an oz account or can I put my BOI IBAN number instead of account /bsb?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Ok, just logged into my oz westpac account online and it seems they've closed my current account due to no activity.
    So will to ATO pay into a foriegn bank account?

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

I can't answer this definitively but my accountant told me to ensure I keep my Oz bank account opened when claiming my tax back next July (I'll be home).

As I said, I'm not certain but he was adamant that it goes to an Oz bank.

Could be used because it's easier though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

I've since found out you do need an oz account. Guess that's why taxback.com charge their fees. 9% or minimum $99 per tax year return. Guess it's paid to their account then they pay into your Irish account. Ah well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Alanhooly wrote: »
    I can't answer this definitively but my accountant told me to ensure I keep my Oz bank account opened when claiming my tax back next July (I'll be home).

As I said, I'm not certain but he was adamant that it goes to an Oz bank.

Could be used because it's easier though?
    Keep you oz bank open, I checked before and they'll keep it open for at least 6 months after you leave. Set up a currencyfair acc and transfer home via internet and save on main bank fees.

Advertisement