Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kenneling a dog with seperation anxiety.

• 10-09-2014 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭

Folks im going to have to kennel my dog for maybe 2 days, to attend a family wedding, now he suffers from seperation anxiety so im not relishing doing this tbh, any ideas or tips?..getting someone in is out of the question as its a big family wedding and everyone is going..will a kennel even accept a dog with this issue?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Maybe try look into a home boarding situation rather than a kennel? I had this exact same situation last month and found a lady close to me who minds dogs in her own home. She was indoors and had the run of the garden, and I was assured that if she seemed upset at night she could sleep with the lady on her bed. I did a trial day to make sure she was fine about a month before the wedding, and then we left her for 3 days for the wedding. I got photos and updates sent to me every day about how she was doing, and after the first day she really seemed to warm to the place. I'd have no hesitation leaving her there again, was delighted to not have to worry!

If you post up where you're based I'm sure people could recommend somewhere close to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Kinzig

Maybe try look into a home boarding situation rather than a kennel? I had this exact same situation last month and found a lady close to me who minds dogs in her own home. She was indoors and had the run of the garden, and I was assured that if she seemed upset at night she could sleep with the lady on her bed. I did a trial day to make sure she was fine about a month before the wedding, and then we left her for 3 days for the wedding. I got photos and updates sent to me every day about how she was doing, and after the first day she really seemed to warm to the place. I'd have no hesitation leaving her there again, was delighted to not have to worry!

If you post up where you're based I'm sure people could recommend somewhere close to you.

sounds ideal, im based in north west donegal..thanks:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

I don't know anywhere up that direction myself- is the wedding in Donegal or how far are you willing to travel?

Advertisement