Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio stream keeps switching to podcast - Windows 8.1

Options
  • 10-09-2014 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

Hi all,

A new Tsohiba laptop with Win 8.1 has been having this really strange behavior - whenever I open a streaming radio session (e.g. today FM, newstalk) after about 10 mins it suddenly "rewinds" and starts playing what seems to be a podcast of the same stream. It's maddening and happens in FF, Chrome and IE.

I'm pretty ok with Windows and PC's (been around a LONG time) but this one has me stumped.

Done the usual checks for virus, cleared out the cache etc.. (Spybot, CCleaner etc..) but I can't seem to figure this one out.
    has anyone seen this type of behaviour and have a workaround/fix?

Cheers

IRCA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I get this quite a bit, repaet length varies. I just refresh the page when I notice it

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IRCA

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    I get this quite a bit, repaet length varies. I just refresh the page when I notice it

Well at least it's not just me - pain in the backside having to refresh though!

Advertisement