Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Noseless saddles?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

You will find controlling your bike in turns extremely difficult. Whether you are aware of this or not, you use the nose of your saddle to stabilize the bike against your thigh.

If you are suffering perineal issues, how about a saddle with really big cutout? I have Selle Italia SLR Superflow 145 and find it extremely comfortable. It is quite hard in the "sitting bones" area but does not even touch anything else and you forget about any pressure after 10 minutes of cycling.

11070_selle_italia_slr_superflow_145_saddle.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,432 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i read that as noiseless saddles. i had assumed it was a saddle which would be able to absorb fart noises.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

Few guys in club using ism adamo saddles and swear by them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

I'm looking at a noseless saddle but only to benefit from getting it as far forward as possible for CI TT events.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Dooish

i rode a mates bike for 80 mile on one, he swore by them but i found them so uncomfortable. i would say spend the money on a bike fitting will solve your problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭Tec Diver

Thanks lads, from what I'm seeing there's lot a lot of folk using them.
    I'll have a look at the others you suggest first so.

Thanks,
    Eoin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

On my last bike (stolen mad.pngfrown.png), I angled the saddle down at the front. Though this presumably had me constantly 'falling forward', and consequently supporting more of my weight on my hands, I thought it suited me fine - I had the idea that things felt more 'dynamic', in a way tongue.png

The clamp atop the seatpost of my current bike allows virtually no tilt confused.png

How about a nose that swoops down - out of the way of 'anterior anatomy', but still available for steering/stability duties? Haven't come across anything as extreme as I have in mind online. I'd make a prototype if I were in the business tongue.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Alek wrote: »
    You will find controlling your bike in turns extremely difficult. Whether you are aware of this or not, you use the nose of your saddle to stabilize the bike against your thigh.

If you are suffering perineal issues, how about a saddle with really big cutout? I have Selle Italia SLR Superflow 145 and find it extremely comfortable. It is quite hard in the "sitting bones" area but does not even touch anything else and you forget about any pressure after 10 minutes of cycling.

11070_selle_italia_slr_superflow_145_saddle.jpg

Have this and no complaints, changed from stock trek saddle and this is much more comfortable.

I've done 254km on it yesterday in unpadded shorts :)

No problems whatsoever, BTW I have the nose tilted down as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Alek wrote: »
    I've done 254km on it yesterday in unpadded shorts :)

No problems whatsoever, BTW I have the nose tilted down as well.

Does this mean your health issues are resolved?

Or is 254km just a compromise distance for you to do when you're not feeling on form :0

• Advertisement

Long story, I am not sure yet. At least I know they're not due to the saddle or cycling. Phew! ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭as_mo_bhosca

I had serious perineal pain from the standard saddle on my giant defy 3. Got an ism adamo and have been going grand on it. Best purchase so far imo. That other one with the cut out looks good too.

Advertisement