Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Charges

Options
  • 10-09-2014 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

With the new water charge imminent am trying to find out who pays the €160 charge for having a second/holiday home, the landlord or tenant?
    I am renting and know I have to register and pay the bill when it comes but what about that €80 for water and €80 for waste & sewage for having a second home/holiday home. Does this apply if the property is rented? and who is liable if so?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The occupier is liable, whether that's the owner or tenant.

If the property is not permanently occupied (i.e. a holiday home), then you can apply to have an unoccupied dwelling charge applied, which is a minimum charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Why would a tenant of one property be dealing with the charges for a second property?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Cant not see how a tenant is liable for a 2nd home related charge ,

In saying that im sure most will pass it on via a rent increase

• Registered Users Posts: 14,946 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

if it's rented out permanently its not a holiday home surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

loyatemu wrote: »
    if it's rented out permanently its not a holiday home surely?

That's my thinking

Tax liabilities ?? ( anyone know )

• Advertisement
Advertisement