Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Wireless Alarm "Window open"

Options
  • 10-09-2014 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi All,

I have being reading through a few threads and can’t seem to find the answer. We bought a house just over a year ago and it had an old Ericom wireless alarm system no longer monitored (international concord wireless i believe) over the year we had a few issues with the sensors thinking the window was open even though they did not have a magnetic sensor, I resolved this by changing the batteries.

Over the weekend I put in a new window and removed the sensor it had no magnetic contact. Now it thinks the window is open again, I have tried new batteries and also taking batteries from a working sensor but it still thinks that the window is open. If I use the magnetic contact from one of the door sensors I can hear a click and the “open window” issue goes away.

Any ideas, I will attached a picture of the system the CCT board and my botched fix to allow us to turn the alarm on.

Also when we brought the house we only got the main system code to turn on and off the alarm, so we aren’t even able to change that code or the volume etc.. is there any way to get that would Eircom have it or a normal installer be able to get it.

We actually won’t need all the sensors in the end as we are changing the window / door configuration in the house so if it is a faulty sensor it could just be removed.

Anyway that’s a bit of a ramble any advice would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ocelot741

Sorry for some reason i have no option to add a picture!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

ocelot741 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I have being reading through a few threads and can’t seem to find the answer. We bought a house just over a year ago and it had an old Ericom wireless alarm system no longer monitored (international concord wireless i believe) over the year we had a few issues with the sensors thinking the window was open even though they did not have a magnetic sensor, I resolved this by changing the batteries.

Over the weekend I put in a new window and removed the sensor it had no magnetic contact. Now it thinks the window is open again, I have tried new batteries and also taking batteries from a working sensor but it still thinks that the window is open. If I use the magnetic contact from one of the door sensors I can hear a click and the “open window” issue goes away.

Any ideas, I will attached a picture of the system the CCT board and my botched fix to allow us to turn the alarm on.

Also when we brought the house we only got the main system code to turn on and off the alarm, so we aren’t even able to change that code or the volume etc.. is there any way to get that would Eircom have it or a normal installer be able to get it.

We actually won’t need all the sensors in the end as we are changing the window / door configuration in the house so if it is a faulty sensor it could just be removed.

Anyway that’s a bit of a ramble any advice would be appreciated!

I know you said you are the new owner of the house but have you any paperwork off the system?

The sensors them selves need to be added or deleted through engineer mode. So if you dont need as many as you have you may need to delete them off the system.

The reason for the sensor showing open is pin 5 is in the on position, this pin on the sensor controls the reed on the sensor. If its in the off position then a magnet is not needed to close the device.

I usually connect these systems up to a laptop to get the engineer code, saves all the bother of having to default and reprogram the system. Other installers may default and reprogram the system to set up new codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 booklady

don't know if this is the right place to post this but I have a problem with a concord phone watch alarm that's out of contract and beeping and telling me siren trouble

please help

booklady wrote: »
    don't know if this is the right place to post this but I have a problem with a concord phone watch alarm that's out of contract and beeping and telling me siren trouble

please help

If you press the star button and your user code (if needed) does it say anything else?

thanks for answering; it doesn't say anything else but beeps

• Advertisement

thanks for answering; it doesn't say anything else but beeps

Sounds link an issue with the tamper on the bell.
    I would advise contacting a local engineer to have a look for you.
    I know one of the lads on here works down your way.

thanks altor. we never use it on but only think of it when it has a problem ,it hasn't been turned on in years but im not sure how to disconnect it.

thanks altor. we never use it on but only think of it when it has a problem ,it hasn't been turned on in years but im not sure how to disconnect it.

In the times we live in I would rather see you have it fixed and used than turned off completely. It was an expensive system in its day.

I will get it fixed and stop being afraid of it thanks again altor

I will get it fixed and stop being afraid of it thanks again altor

No probs :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement