Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can we move in together?

Options
  • 10-09-2014 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

To say I'm confused is an understatement.

My partner is employed and I am a single parent. We don't live together but we would like to move our relationship on to that level. I'm finding it very difficult to get work at the moment, I have a degree but not enough experience in my area of work. I've been applying for all types of work and not hearing anything back.
    I have an interview soon for a JobBridge position, which means I can keep my payment and rent allowance, but if my partner and I move in together does that mean I lose everything? We couldn't survive on his wage alone with the way rents are gone. Is there some sort of transition scheme? I couldn't find anything online.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

You'd possibly lose your rent allowance but not your jobbridge payment. There's no transition scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

Dependent on your partners salary, you could be eligible for family income supplement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pixiesque

Thanks for your replies :)

Advertisement