Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terrible customer care, being billed monthly for a service I haven't received

Options
  • 10-09-2014 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

One month ago, I was fed up with Magnet eFiber and decided to give Eircom another try. So we call and they assure us that within one week we will have broadband services. That's great since I work from home as a commissioned digital artist and my husband often works from home as well. Well, the first week passes with no appointment (despite daily calls).

Week two on a Thursday, a technician randomly shows up with no call other than 'I can't find your house,' luckily I was home at the time. He fumbles around with the wires, leaves a mess, and tells me that the broadband will be in two more days, that someone else has to come out. Alright, at least I have a phone line. I wait until Wednesday of the next week, trying to be patient and call and then I am treated to what feels like Eircom's circle-of-stupidity.

Representative 1 tells me that a technician never logged a report to begin with of coming to my home. Since I am now calling on the new Eircom line, with the new Eircom number, that seems pretty laughable. I ask to be put through to a manager. I am promptly hung up on. Lovely.

Represenative 2 tells me that the wait time is longer because of the new number. I wasn't told this when signing up. Alright, so how long? Another two weeks.

I continue trying to call back and trying to be put in with either billing to cancel my account without incurring the huge fee for breaking contract, or to speak with a manager. Each time I am either put on hold for over an hour only to be disconnected, or outright hung up on. I have tried calling daily since then, for the last two weeks, and either being told a technician will be out this week (it's never true) or told the wait is yet longer.

The best part of all this is, I am now receiving the bill for the efiber when I am not even able to use it. In order to work I had to get mobile broadband temporarily.

I am absolutely frustrated, even more so that this board seems to be the only place to actually GET customer service from Eircom. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Zorica wrote: »
    One month ago, I was fed up with Magnet eFiber and decided to give Eircom another try. So we call and they assure us that within one week we will have broadband services. That's great since I work from home as a commissioned digital artist and my husband often works from home as well. Well, the first week passes with no appointment (despite daily calls).

Week two on a Thursday, a technician randomly shows up with no call other than 'I can't find your house,' luckily I was home at the time. He fumbles around with the wires, leaves a mess, and tells me that the broadband will be in two more days, that someone else has to come out. Alright, at least I have a phone line. I wait until Wednesday of the next week, trying to be patient and call and then I am treated to what feels like Eircom's circle-of-stupidity.

Representative 1 tells me that a technician never logged a report to begin with of coming to my home. Since I am now calling on the new Eircom line, with the new Eircom number, that seems pretty laughable. I ask to be put through to a manager. I am promptly hung up on. Lovely.

Represenative 2 tells me that the wait time is longer because of the new number. I wasn't told this when signing up. Alright, so how long? Another two weeks.

I continue trying to call back and trying to be put in with either billing to cancel my account without incurring the huge fee for breaking contract, or to speak with a manager. Each time I am either put on hold for over an hour only to be disconnected, or outright hung up on. I have tried calling daily since then, for the last two weeks, and either being told a technician will be out this week (it's never true) or told the wait is yet longer.

The best part of all this is, I am now receiving the bill for the efiber when I am not even able to use it. In order to work I had to get mobile broadband temporarily.

I am absolutely frustrated, even more so that this board seems to be the only place to actually GET customer service from Eircom. 
    Hi Zorica

I'm very sorry to hear of this and apologise for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused. Please PM me your order or account number and I will look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Zorica

Hi Zorica

I'm very sorry to hear of this and apologise for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused. Please PM me your order or account number and I will look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al
    PMd you. Thank you for looking in to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Zorica

Thanks
    Al
    PMd you. Thank you for looking in to it.
    Hi Zorica

I am awaiting clarification for the efibre escalations team, as soon as I have more information I will be back to you right away.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Zorica

Now I no longer even have an active phone line. When I try to make an outbound call it gives me a message that I need to call Eircom to activate service, and still will be paying the bill for efiber and phone in two days. Great.

Edit to add: I also can't even dial 1901 on the line, so presently have no means to contact Eircom other than this forum.

Advertisement