Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Back to education requirements?

• 10-09-2014 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

I am 21 years old.
    Out of school since 2011
    Unemployed since December

I was told by a girl in the welfare that you need to be 23.

So confused and without this I cannot afford to go.

Help needed asap

I still got the form and have it filled in
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/353_Back-to-Education-Allowance.aspx Have a look at this link. The age is 21 unless its a post graduate course and you have to be in payment 234 days prior to the third level course starting.

Have you applied an been turned down or just told by someone? If just told then apply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

The over 23 requirement is for those registering as a mature student and not through the CAO.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭GerBear93

The over 23 requirement is for those registering as a mature student and not through the CAO.

The course is a PLC.
    Vtos has no more room for me to be put on so I was going to try this but it looks like I am not entitled to it....

I have not yet applied because I was trying to sort vtos first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

GerBear93 wrote: »
    I have not yet applied because I was trying to sort vtos first

Apply for BTEA. You are doing a PLC course which is regarded as second level so you only need to be signing for 78 days and you are over 21.

• Advertisement

eastbono wrote: »
    Apply for BTEA. You are doing a PLC course which is regarded as second level so you only need to be signing for 78 days and you are over 21.

Thanks a million for the replies. Filling it out now and will meet with the vtos Co ordinator tomorrow about btea

Advertisement